OOPS! I goofed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpakidz

Reaction score
I designed a site at bpakidz.pcriot.com. I thought that I had everything done and that the domain transfer that was supposed to take place (on my end, behind the scenes) had. I changed the information on my site to reflect this (www.bpakidz.com) and lo and behold... It doesn't work. The domain is still sitting on the original web designer's server.

Now what? I have no access to my cPanel, and no way to publish the site. Can someone please help? Also, if this is in the incorrect forum, my appologies, please feel free to move it.

Thank you!!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

What you're seeing is DNS propagation. If you already changed the name servers on your domain it can take your ISP up to 24 hours to update these changes and show you the correct site.

For now you can use http://stoli.x10hosting.com:2082 to access your cPanel and upload your files.

-Corey

bpakidz

Reaction score
Thanks, Corey! I think that's where I really goofed though. I haven't made any name server changes. Where am I supposed to do that? I'm so confused! :(

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you know where you registered the domain at?

bpakidz

Reaction score
Do you know where you registered the domain at?

The original web designer registered the domain. He is transferring it to me, but that's all I know at this point. I do not know where the original registration took place. If youlook it up, it says
Domain name: bpakidz.com

Registrant Contact:
Student
Casey M.

xxxx E. Colonial Dr.
#xx
Tampa, FL
US

Administrative Contact:
Student
Casey M. (casey@.com)
+1.xxx
E. Colonial Dr.
#xx
Tampa, FL
US

Technical Contact:
ASJ Interactive Inc.
Aaron Jorgensen (hosting@.com)
+1.
xxxxx Cypress Way
Tampa, FL
US

Name Servers:
ns1.iadttampa.org
ns2.iadttampa.org

Creation date: 25 Feb 2008 11:55:47
Expiration date: 25 Feb 2011 11:55:47

Does x10 have dns server names? It's been so long since I've registered a domain, I've forgotten the process

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Our name servers are:
ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

The domain has to be changed over to these... it looks like the domain is registered at eNom. You'll either need to have the designer change the names for you or get him the domain to an eNom account that you own so you can do it.

-Corey

bpakidz

Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks so much, Corey! Now I am going to try to close this thread... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.