Open Source Petroleum Engineering (Drilling Calculator) Software !

chiradeepg41

Reaction score
Hi..
To all the petroleum engineering and well geologists, I have made an open source drilling calculator. I would like to share it with all....
It actually calculates all the numericals related to the subject of Drilling, which otherwise on paper would take up a significant amount of time.
I have made it for the aide of the students.

Please people go through it and post your opinion...

Thank You!

Application Link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/drillingcalc/files/Drilling Calculator User.zip/download

Source Link
http://sourceforge.net/projects/drillingcalc/files/Drilling Calculator Dev.zip/download

The coding is done on Visual C#.

N.B. I am quite new to the forum, and I thought that this section would be appropriate to share my program as the programming section generally pertains to Web programming. Please if it is in error I kindly request it to be moderated! Thank You...

My x10hosting site : http://ape0913.in/ (A dedicated site for my classmates where we all share our work! Username-500008881 Password-chiradeep (in case you visit the download section), Anyways,... x10 is AWESOME !!)

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Great! Being a petroleum engineering student you can make softwares. I can't help in testing cause i am in electronics and communication engineering discipline and that too in first year.

And perhaps you won't find too many petroleum engineers here. Most of them maybe doing "Mechanical" or "Computer Science" engineering.

samydavic

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm software enginner and I'm studing a posgraduate career about Oil & Gas, I can help you to develop the software with other features,

reggards.

chiradeepg41

Reaction score
@samydavic...
Thank you very much..... Well I was wondering if you could help he out with integrating excel sheets in the C# application. With the integration Kill Sheet and d-exponent problems could be solved easily.. Please download the source... the link is given in my first post..
and Thanks again....
btw from where are you pursuing your PG ??

the_masfrank246

Reaction score
wooow...thanks for your share let me learn how to use about...
cause i'm still study in civil engginering college

anita16_199327

Reaction score
Ok:smile:

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

ok:smile:

chiradeepg41

Reaction score
@snshusat - Thank you very much.....

@conzone - Its mostly due to human error... All rigs have apparatus to control kicks but the question is how promptly the user activates it.

@the_masfrank - The program is not completed yet!! I am still studying drilling. Once my course is over I will complete the program and then a proper Help / Manual would be made! Thank You. But most likely it won't be able to help you with your civil calculation... I am complete noob about civil!

@anita16_199327 - ok :)