open_basedir restriction in effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waveking

Reaction score
My site was working properly, but all of a sudden since about last 2 days, i started getting this error. What can be the reason?

error:
Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/output/file.tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/backup/home/wk9/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /backup/home/wk9/public_html/market.php on line 47

waveking

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but a quick analysis found that perhaps the following two are not working!

$_ENV['DOCUMENT_ROOT'];
fopen

Is this a temporary glitch with the system? My system relies on these :( and my cron jobs are failing becuase of this.

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Just for future reference, you may get a warning for double posting (spamming) like this and is suggested that you use the 'Edit' button if you have something to add/change within 24 hours of posting info (forgot whether it was 24 or 48 hours).

It might just be because it is running on a backup copy of your site or something, if it doesnt resolve within a few hours or later today/earlier tomorrow (depending on where you live), I suggest you post back here and an admin or account manager will have a closer inspection and/or tell you what has gone wrong and/or if you need to change any coding - but most likely not the coding that needs editing!

waveking

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip TheJeffsta.

I changed the path, to absolute location, but still i am getting:

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/wk9/public_html/output/file.tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/backup/home/wk9/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /backup/home/wk9/public_html/market.php on line 49

Seeing the error I see the backup folder in the error path. Why is it checking in the backup folder, when i dont have it anywhere in my script?

lambada

Reaction score
Don't forget accounts are being shifted, so errors are highly likely.

Also the Backup folder is the place where all acoccounts on x10hosting are stored (Don't ask me why this is), you won't actually see it because the highest directory you can access is /backup/home/wk9, my highest is /backup/home/lambada . Get the patern?

These errors will keep happening until all the accounts are moved, then the problems will be sorted.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Lambada is correct, these errors are the result of the server being changed for free hosting. Please read the news.. Once everything is straightened out, (We will post), if you're still having these problems, post back in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.