OpenSource DS News

tondopie

Reaction score
Please review, I need some tips on what I should do to SMF to make it look even better!

LHVWB

Reaction score
I like the template, its simple yet profound.

A few things:
  • There are no Contact Details in the 'Contact Details' section.
  • The site takes a little too long to load.
  • You need to make the sections of the site better linked, because getting from the forum or the wiki to the main site is not simple, for navigational reasons (which can be the most important to users) you probably need a link, maybe with the logo?

Mekryd

Reaction score
I like the layout.

Clicking on Chat leads me to a blank page. Turning off my script blocker doesn't fix this. What am I supposed to be seeing here? Or is the page not up yet?

Making it so that you must register to even see what's in the shop is a good way to make sure that no one actually buys from you.

Verbsite's right. The wiki doesn't have any obvious links back to the main page.

Help page doesn't work either.

Strange. Help page and chat pages started working, suddenly. Same thing with the login page. I need to refresh for it to load. Come to think of it, I had the same problem with the front page. Funky. Looking into it, I have to play a sort of refresh game until the pages actually show up. Took three times to bring a non-blank help page up again.

The 'Recent' section of front page's right sidebar seems a bit superfluous, considering the recent posts are sitting right there to see...

Sorry, have to wrap this up soon. Classes now, bye!

tondopie

Reaction score
I like the layout.

Clicking on Chat leads me to a blank page. Turning off my script blocker doesn't fix this. What am I supposed to be seeing here? Or is the page not up yet?

Making it so that you must register to even see what's in the shop is a good way to make sure that no one actually buys from you.

Verbsite's right. The wiki doesn't have any obvious links back to the main page.

Help page doesn't work either.

Strange. Help page and chat pages started working, suddenly. Same thing with the login page. I need to refresh for it to load. Come to think of it, I had the same problem with the front page. Funky. Looking into it, I have to play a sort of refresh game until the pages actually show up. Took three times to bring a non-blank help page up again.

The 'Recent' section of front page's right sidebar seems a bit superfluous, considering the recent posts are sitting right there to see...

Sorry, have to wrap this up soon. Classes now, bye!

1. It is a java IRC applet. PLease get Java: http://java.com
2. It's a freaking virtual shop that you use forum credits to buy stuff with just like x10.
3. The wiki is not technically part of OSDSN.
4. Your browser sucks.
5. Refreshing is not my problem probably Stoli was having problems or you have Comcast or some other crap internet.
6. The frontpage is not recent posts, its the latest news. There is a difference.

Tips: Get A different ISP or a better browser.

Last edited: