Opera Web Browser is now free (No Banners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Reaction score
Opera Software said:
Opera has removed the banners, found within our browser, and the licensing fee. Opera's growth, due to tremendous worldwide customer support, has made today's milestone an achievable goal. Premium support is available.
http://www.opera.com

Do you think more people will use it now that there are no ads?

N

Nathan

I've used it for a while now, I use FirefoxPortable too. But more people may use it...if they don't ask why it doesn't say Internet Exploder in the title bar.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
OMG!!!! I just bought Opera because my anti-Viruse was not letting it run.

N

Nathan

MicrotechXP said:

:eek:wned:

Right time and right place for everyone. Including a crappy beer. Budweiser. Drink responsibly.

24Seconds

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Great logic :wtcslap: Buying the software will sure help it run when it doesnt run anway! :ughdance:

N

Nathan

Good job saying Norton Antivirus is the best antivirus of them all.

For those x10 virgins, this is what I mean.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Dewayne said:

I was not using Norton. My Norton Subscription ran out. So I am waiting for the new version of Norton to come out Norton SystemWorks 2006!!!!! :naughty:

Right now I am using Kaspersky 30 day trial!!!!! It won't let me use IE. So I am using FF, and Opera!!!!

So in that case!!!! :eek:wned: :stupid: :lol: :eek:wned:

N

Nathan

You do realize, that if Kaspersky is doing that, you either have trojans out the ass or it's rejecting your system settings?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
And why do you think that is happening? I already scaned for those things and there was nothing there.

N

Nathan

MicrotechXP said:
And why do you think that is happening? I already scaned for those things and there was nothing there.

Your system settings were either hijacked by Symnatec or you screwed up something you shouldn't have.

As for the trojans, Kaspersky doesn't catch everything. Avast, ClamWin and AntiVir are goods one for anti-trojan/worm/virii. Kaspersky is almost entirely virii.

FeestBijtje

Reaction score
Dewayne said:

Great thinking... i live with out firewall or anti-virus...
Linux :)

Opera was also for linux (recodet) for an while untill people noticed they had a keylogger include :hsughno:

It was one of the worst jokes ever made.
And if opera is free.... why is there still 10% who are using it.
Mozilla Beats them with an hard 53%

saachi

Reaction score
I use Firefox as my main browser like alot of people, but I still think Opera8 is a superior product, being faster and having a seemingly smaller footprint in contrast to IE and compared to Firefox. Just need to Shift+F12 > 'Windows Native' > OK and your good to go.

I would make Opera8 my default browser, but I'm just too comfortable with Firefox atm.

cloud2se

Reaction score
I always use IE and sometimes its Firefox when im using the other pC but I never use Opera Ever? I should try it i think!

cloud2se

Reaction score
I just found out that this was cool than ever! I just try it awhile ago!

t2t2t

Reaction score
edit.gif

Maybe you are gonna like that button too?

I still stay at FireFox

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
@cloud2se: This thread is a year old!

Also, you seem unfamiliar with forum etiquette. Do you see how you posted four times in a row? You're not supposed to do that. Nearly all forums on the Internet allow you to edit what you've written in a post even after it has been submitted. By clicking on the "edit" or "modify" button (it varies from forum to forum), you can go back and add extra information to your previous post. Posting twice or more in a row like you did, depending on how strict the rules are of the particular forum, could get you warned, temporarily banned, or even permanently banned.

This is an example of an edited post. I have added this in without the need to create another post. Do you see text at the bottom stating who edited this post and at what time? On this forum, it appears under my signature area in italic text.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.