• Ive Seen Better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please Give Up

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

glennemlee95

Reaction score
The color is fine the way it is. Your SEO isn't all that bad either, could be better, but I've seen way worse. Your CSS files need minified, I haven't checked your JS files though. Overall, decent design, I like it.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello.

I like the theme design. Clean and simple.

Be sure to add some unique content to your site and add posts to the Featured Slider rather than leave the default placeholder excerpts there.

Try changing the "Leave a Reply" text color (#respond h3) into something that's easier to read on a dark gray background.

This next thing is not your fault, but there are far too many footer credit links. I know the theme developer probably requires you to leave those links there, but they look very bad in the eyes of Google (beware of penalties). They look like paid links because of how many there are, all using very specific keywords to link to one single website. There are a total of 4 links to the same website. In addition, having the color of these links be so similar to the background might cause Google to count them as "hidden" links (or links that are there just to get Google link juice and not any real human traffic). Having one credit link, such as "Designed by FreeWPThemes" is fine, but having 4 is ridiculous and unprofessional.

The footer.php file of your WP Theme is probably completely encrypted in Base64 to make it difficult to make changes to the links.

I highly dislike such sponsored themes and recommend staying away from themes that force so many credit links, but that's just my opinion.

Besides the footer links, great site so far! :)

Last edited:

Blue-Wave

Reaction score
Awesome style, i like sutch pink color style, it`s very cool site what you have!

Very good!:eek:

glennemlee95

Reaction score
I'd like to recommend a theme for you to customize. Custom Community works on non-buddypress and non-multisite installs just as good as it works with them and it's very customizable. If you can't remove those links at the bottom like the other guy said, this theme is easy to configure and edit to replicate your site. I recommend giving it a try in a sandbox if you're unable to remove the links mentioned above (Don't know why I missed those).

petronaldgreen19

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback,

@techairlines finally figured out how to edit the footer without the page turning into

All the links in the footer should remain intact. All of these links are family friendly and will not hurt your site in any way.

@glennemlee95 i downloaded the custom community theme and trying it in a sandbox, will tell you how it progresses. Also will work on the minifying of my css files today

@Blue-Wave. yay encouragement!

Thanks for the advice all ! Much appreciated

glennemlee95

Reaction score
You're very welcome. Since it's wordpress, you can utilize certain plugins to automatically minify your CSS and JS files. However if you log into your cPanel and just set up CloudFlare, this action happens automatically through them reducing the need to really minfy. After all is said and done, load up cloudflare.com and edit the "CloudFlare Settings" for your domain (after you set it up through your cPanel of course) and have it automatically minify and compress CSS, JS and HTML. RockLoader may or may not work for your site, I've seen it break javascript elements on some sites, but it too isn't a bad idea. CloudFlare's just a good idea period anyway ;) It'll help you prevent spam.

petronaldgreen19

Reaction score
@glennemlee95 i took your suggestion and switched to the custom community theme.. and after settin it up.. im in love.. thanks much man, also put up cloudflare so its taking care of the minifying of the css, java and html. thanks so muuch for all you alls help. I am always open to more suggestions but am proud of the progress made so far >.<

Last edited: