Optimizing Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpyro200488

Reaction score
I just moved my wordpress site from another host because they suspended it for using too much cpu resources over 1000 times :rolleyes:

They never gave me a single warning to let me know this was happening, so I never got to resolve the issue. They then wanted me to pay for their premium hosting to get the site reactivated.

The site was not very big and only got 50-100 page views per day.

I think it had something to do with wordpress but not sure where to look.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Check the plugins. Wordpress is known to be a resource hog when poorly written plugins are added to it. SEO plugins have been known to be high resource using. Also, manual backups and manual software updates are recommended instead of the automatic ones.

High resource usage is usually CPU usage in the server, and doesn't have anything to do with page views which is bandwidth. If your wordpress exceeds the CPU limits in the server, then you'll also be suspended, though you should be able to unsuspend yourself in the account panel. It doesn't make sense to just warn you first and allow your site to cause other hosting accounts to stop their sites from working only to wait however long it takes for you to find out and solve the problem. Suspending your account stops this hindrance of other sites on the same servers as yours.

This suspension is not permanent and we'll work with you to solve the problem as long as you are willing.

Last edited:

dpyro200488

Reaction score
I have the following plugins installed:

Akismet
Facebook Like Box
Google XML Sitemaps
My Page Order
NextGEN Gallery
Quick Subscribe
Subscribe widget
W3 Total Cache (just installed)
Widget Twitter VJCK
WordPress Importer (deactivated)

And like I said, I was using another free web host. Not x10hosting.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The sitemap plugins are known for high resource usage. You said you just moved over here, though, so have you had a high resource usage suspension yet?

dpyro200488

Reaction score
Nope, I just uploaded the site and want to avoid getting any suspension.

EDIT: Ok, I just uninstalled W3 Total Cache because it was being dumb and installed WP Super Cache instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.