Oracle VirtualBox 3.2

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Reading through that I found this:
New Mac OS X – On Apple hardware only, support for creating virtual machines running Mac OS X.
All I can say is wow: I have been waiting ages for something like this. Perhaps I won't need to keep my Tiger machine around any more with that update. There are some pretty massive other updates that look pretty cool, like multi-monitor support.
New Multiple Virtual Monitors – VirtualBox 3.2 now supports multi-headed virtual machines with up to 8 virtual monitors attached to a guest. Each virtual monitor can be a host window, or be mapped to the hosts physical monitors;

steronius

Reaction score
I especially appreciate the Memory Ballooning. I was able to open multiple VM's today of which I could not previously on my 2GB windoze machine.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I use VirtualBox on Linux to run XP somtimes. It works very nicely, as long as you install the additional package. (I forget what it is called)

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you mean the Guest Additions? Allows stuff like unified desktop etc.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Yep, that's what I meant. :)
Don't know why I forgot it.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
VirtualBox is a very useful program. I use it for testing stuff on Linux before actually applying it to working machines. I also use it for experimenting with programs in Windows. One useful thing about having a high end machine is that I have Hardware Virtualization support, giving me support for multiple CPU cores (My i7 has 4 Hyperthreaded cores) and large amounts of system memory being pooled into the virtual machine (I have 8GB).

Last edited: