Orange Horizons

randombum

Reaction score
Orange Horizons: http://orange.exofire.net/

The best way to describe this site is that it's a personal blog, but with a focus on technology and certain Japanese things such as anime. It's only been around for about a week, so there's really not too much to it and some areas have not really been finalized.

I took a clean and simple Wordpress theme and made some modifications to it (color for example, it was originally blue). I tweaked it here and there, and made it so that the banner is random whenever you visit (currently there's 5 different banners). I also messed around with some of the code to fix a few odd bugs that occurred when I tried to load it. In general though, it wasn't too big of a change, at least in my opinion.

I believe there's one CSS error and a few HTML errors caused by the embedded media that I have in a few of the posts.

Overall, it's still a work in progress, but I'm at the point where I can just keep making blog posts and not really have to worry too much about the site design. I'm still thinking about what other features I may need in the sidebar...

So, I'd like to get a few opinions about how the site is overall. Are the loading speeds okay? Also, how is the site in terms of accessibility? I'm interested information such as that.

The site design may be a tad simplistic for some, but I think it suits my needs so far.

Thanks for reading!

delon

Banned
Reaction score
Nice layout, like the orange name and color scheme, TOOO much content on the homepage, nice navigation system.

Overall Rating : 8.5 / 10

withambition

Reaction score
The color scheme is wonderful! The only possible issue would be the banner - it's pretty big. Though it isn't a huge deal, you might want to consider making it slightly smaller. Other then that, everything is great. =]

randombum

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

@withambition: I work with a fairly high resolution laptop, so I suppose I need to check other resolutions to see if the image is too large or not. On my screen it seems perfect, but yeah, it could be kind of large for other resolutions. Thanks for the tip.

mrmason

Reaction score
looks great. i think the amount of content on the homepage is fine.