OSX on your PC

prasys

Reaction score
Hello,

So for you , those who are out there , who likes to skin their Windows like OSX (Do not ever do that...) , can finally have a chance to try out the popular OSX itself. Yep , PearPC is here to help you . PearPC is a PowerPC Emulator something like M$ Virtual PC and VmWARE for the PC..So , you can get OSX Instalation CD off eBay (get 10.3 at least) and then give it for a test drive

Okay , the speed is slow.FYI , the ratio of emulation is 1:15 , so thats pretty slow..But then , you will happy once you get to see the Real Aqua and try to surf this site on Safari (it gives me code errors..I hope someone makes it Safari compatible..again maybe its on my side)...

Okay , Thats All I got to say..PearPC is not user-friendly..But I tamed it , you can get the Installer , from http://prasys.skidsoftware.com) and try it for yourself...If you need help , just drop me a PM or visit (www.pearpc.net) (highly suggested)

prasys

Reaction score
i KNOW IT Supports

Again , no support is given to pre-release series of OSX..Since its not release , so therefore there is no support

InkMaster

Reaction score
prasys said:
i KNOW IT Supports

Again , no support is given to pre-release series of OSX..Since its not release , so therefore there is no support

I'm just saying that its posible to install 10.4 pre-release on ppc

N

nanbread

Why not just go and get a Mac? I mean we all know it's much better than PC's. ;)

crazzyt9

Reaction score
nanbread said:
Why not just go and get a Mac? I mean we all know it's much better than PC's. ;)

Mac's are better then PC's ONLY when it comes to work in my opinion Ya can't find many games out there for the Mac (least I haven't) But I agree why not just buy a Mac instead of destroying a PC?

Tim

Conor

Reaction score
I have heard Mac is better for designing and such?

ed2k3

Reaction score
I have never tried Mac and really want to. Using PearPc is a solution only to know how Mac OS X is like, because you have to run OS X into windows, so for those who want to have a real OS X experience, get a Mac and that's all.

Foggy

Reaction score
I installed Pear PC just out of sheer curiosity, not really wanting it for any specific purpose. I just wanted to say, "Yep, I have Mac OSX running on my PC. How cool am I now." To which everyone would reply, "OMG!!1 U R T3h 13371337137371"

Or something like that.

To be helpful, for once, I would say that you shouldn't install Pear PC if you want to actually accomplish anything productive on it besides being cool, like me for instance.

redtailblackshark

Reaction score
I would like to use pear pc, but pear pc requires the mac osx original source code files. so you need to purchase the mac osx cd in order to run it.

digitalfarm

Reaction score
hey u can use windowblinds and use there macOSX skin and objectdock to get the docklets !

Xempttt

Reaction score
um if u have programs that are made for pc then that sux for u. at my school we had a server called novell. maybe u guys know it. and the macs that we use for web design would always freeze up bacause it was meant for pc. i dont know maybe programs might do that to. i prefer pc but macs are for multi tasking. like when ur making a site in dreamweaver or exporting files to flash u might need to have other programs open.

tsj5j

Reaction score
PearPC is very hard to use.
Recently, a new software came up, named CherryOS.

It is supposed to be paid, but when I visited its website, its going open source.
I heard is more user-friendly than PearPC.

Foggy

Reaction score
I don't understand how it could be hard to use... I guess it would be if you are just starting out with a computer, but there are still many tutorials online that people have made that describe the process step-by-step in a very easy to understand manner.

CherryOS' website is at: http://cherryos.com , if anyone is interested. Most people think, though, that CherryOS is a complete rip-off of pearPC with only a new interface. I can't prove it as I haven't used the software myself.