Other files - how to remove (quota exceed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdnosfe

Reaction score
Cpanel complains about disk space quota being exceeded. Disk space usage says "Other usage" is over 600 MBs. It has been like that for weeks, despite other people suggesting it would go away eventually.
Can I do something to sort this?
I can no longer upload new files.

kenny9

Reaction score
It appears that you need to request additional disk space. The request procedure is outlined below.

[*]You need to be using at least 50% of your disk space;
[*]Your account needs to be in good standing (no current suspension);
[*]You need to have a valid website; and,
[*]Your account needs to be at least 7 days old.

If you do not meet these four requirements, do not request an account upgrade, as accounts will be validated against them prior to being upgraded.

If you believe you qualify for an upgrade, open a thread in the Account Portal with your request. Make sure that you put "Hosting Account Space Upgrade" as the title of your support request to help us help you. Do not open Account Upgrade requests on the forums."[/INDENT]

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Disregard the above post, the information in it is accurate but not related to the actual cause of the problem.

I'm attempting a quota-recalculation on your server; the account should only be reporting around 200-250mb from what I can tell. For the moment, due to the recalc being started, your account is showing no disk used, which isn't quite accurate but does at least resolve the issue of it not allowing uploads due to it being full. Once it finishes recalculating, it should reflect the correct disk usage. I'm unsure when exactly the quota desynced, but this should get it fixed.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Still takes a decent amount to actually update the server, but it looks like it's gotten yours recalculated; it's showing about 189mb used now. Should be good to go; I'll see if I can figure out what caused it to get that far out of sync; it's not supposed to stay wrong or be THAT far wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.