Out of memory issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffpattyhertel

Reaction score
Is anyone else having out of memory issues on chopin? I use to be on stoli and I am running drupal v6. The status page shows a php memory limit of 32m.

Here is one of the errors I am getting:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1168596 bytes) in /home/jphertel/public_html/drp6/includes/database.mysql-common.inc on line 41

I never encountered this problem on stoli, but I think the memory limit was higher.

Thanks,

Jeff

Coonz

Reaction score
I too am having this issue.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in ../components/com_weblinks/router.php on line 93

taha116

Reaction score
Hey guys slow down with your suggestiosn and Zubair stop gettting banned!

Firstly I had this issue numerous times.. Check your php settings it is likley that they are set lower then they should be... atleast V2. Maybe open a support ticket and request that they verify your settings are right.. (make sure its 32)

If it is and its not working then you will need to look into paid hosting at x10 or somwere else, its up to you.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys slow down with your suggestiosn and Zubair stop gettting banned!

Firstly I had this issue numerous times.. Check your php settings it is likley that they are set lower then they should be... atleast V2. Maybe open a support ticket and request that they verify your settings are right.. (make sure its 32)

If it is and its not working then you will need to look into paid hosting at x10 or somwere else, its up to you.

33554432bytes=32MB. Whatever they're running is trying to use more than 32mb of ram just to create the page; something's resource-heavy there.

Far as I know there's no way to change PHP level configuration at this time, which means it's all locked at V2 - I'd say try to locate WHAT exactly needs more than 32mb of ram just to run, cause that is likely -not- something you'd want on free hosting. You run the risk of getting it running, then getting suspended for high resource usage anyways.

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Livewire is correct. The PHP memory limit on free hosting is set at 32MB, and there is no way to change it at the moment.
There shouldn't be that many scripts that need to use 32MB of memory (Uninstalling some mods/plugins from Drupal may help).

Coonz

Reaction score
I am using Joomla 1.5.12. The amount of usage is not really up to me...
There was one thing that i really wanted that was eating the memory up. It was one of the many things i tested. I will just have to find a better way to do it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.