Outside Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagedy

Reaction score
Hi! I'm sorry if this sound stupid, but I was wondering what the policy was on outside forums. I already have a forum started on Proboards from my previous website. I would love to continue using this forum that I already have customized. Based on this topic I am allowed to have a forum from a 3rd Party, but my main question is do I have to put the x10Hosting ads on this outside forum?

Thank you very much for your help!
Edit:
Sorry, this is the topic I referred to above.

Last edited:

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
From my understanding of your question, you are asking if you can have a forum that is hosted elsewhere?
Of course. You can just redirect a sub-domain or URL to your forum.

If you are required to have ad-placement on your site, then your forum would require ads placed on it.

gagedy

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply!

So even though my forum is not hosted in any way by x10Hosting, I still have to put the x10Hosting ad code on it?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick reply!

So even though my forum is not hosted in any way by x10Hosting, I still have to put the x10Hosting ad code on it?

I would say Yes, but will ask about this. That does seem to be an interesting question to bring up.

gagedy

Reaction score
Okay. Thank you so much! I'm sorry if I sound arrogant; I'm not trying to be. It's just that Proboards already put ads on my board, so if I don't have to add any more from x10Hosting, I really don't want to.

By the way, I am extremely happy with x10Hosting's service. It is far better than my previous host and the best host that I have ever found!

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Since you are on the advanced plan you can place the ads anywhere on the forums. They will just be textlinks and in no way will they disfigure your forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.