Overall Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hellllllloooooooooooooooooooooooo x10Hosting Members.

How is everyone? ;)

While I'm sitting here having a great time watching Apache compile I thought I'd create a new thread with some teaser info on the upcoming changes. Here is a small list of some things that will be changing in the near future.

-New easier to navigate and more informative x10 site.
-Revamped sign-up process(no more sign-up bugs!).
-Whole new backend system to control accounts, this will GREATLY increase server stability.
-All ad-free accounts will be getting a bump in resources
-Greater detection of illegal sites(will also increase server stability)
-Better support for Ruby, ASP.NET, and some Java.
-More automation, including a system to handle most suspensions without staff interaction.
-More user friendly, more descriptive messages, easier to find information. (One of our top priorities).
-Faster support
-Emails before automated suspensions(Inactivity)
-Email when suspended with instructions on how to fix it.
-Ad-enhanced will be removed from the sign-ups, there will be an application system to be transferred over to it. This will make the ad-enhanced server by far the most stable.
-Return of x10Rewards
-An affiliate system, we will be paying you cash to send people to us.

We have been working on our new backend system for over a year now and our new site since April. It may seem like we just don't like to fix some of the issues that have been reported (Signups!), that is not the case though ;). We have taken all the reported issues and our user feedback and implemented as much as possible into our new version of x10.

With such massive updates coming we will be rolling it out in stages and hope to start sometime in September. Stay tuned for updates!

Your x10 Administrator,
Corey

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds very nice Corey. Hope to see the resources get bumped up on my account soon! Otherwise, Stoli should start to become a happy server and not get cranky and crash every day :p.

Hey kkenny, where's superhappyfuntime?

Last edited:

Leo Wyatt

Reaction score
When you say the ad-free accounts will be getting a boost in resources... Do you mean they get more webspace and bandwith? or what? Sorry, I'm getting curious again ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Sure is going to be fun doing all this:). In the end all the members will be happy!

darksuiseiseki

Reaction score
awesome_med.png

Hopefully Apache will be done updating soon.

Sanosuke

Reaction score
-Ad-enhanced will be removed from the sign-ups, there will be an application system to be transferred over to it. This will make the ad-enhanced server by far the most stable.

This makes me very happy. I can't wait. :drool:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Will the SMF AJAX shoutbox give me a high recourse usage again? If there are only 2 people using it and only updating every new shout?

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
Can't wait, I'm just getting my brand new site up too and I have some stuff ready for it.

Aspasia

Reaction score
Am tremendously excited by the current info. Just can't wait to see all the action in process! :D

teamxfk

Reaction score
I hope that theres is not so much server usage after the update i hope it!!

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
-Return of x10Rewards
-An affiliate system, we will be paying you cash to send people to us.

Those three things just made my day ^_^

Also, you mentioned on another thread that v1 and v2 of PHP will be getting updated... nothing for v3? :(
lol, of course, I can't think of anything that v3 restricts that would be remotely useful in most applications.

/me wonders how much $ he can get from referrals... mmm...

terakoh

Reaction score
Sounds great, hopefully the server will be much more stable than before, after this upgrade. =P

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Does 'Internal Error 500' have anything to do with these updates?

Yes it does. It ususally means that PHP is being configured or is being upgraded/installed. I may be wrong what was going on though, as I got that on Absolut I believe yesturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.