Overscan on lcd

nexhunter

Reaction score
K for the past month my lcd has been doing wierd stuff like when i exit out of full screen games the screen position for the desktop keeps shifting and whenever i try to reset it the screen has like a strip of black on the right side usually and i know there not dead pixels as currently i have my resolution set to 1600x1200 from the regular 1280x1024 due to trying get rid of the blackness,

this never happened before until like well 3 weeks ago i got an evga 9600gt which the dvi output is being transformed to vga due to my monitor only has vga only, and im totally stuck my dad doesn't even know what might be wrong.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, if anything make sure your monitor refresh rate is set to 60hz. If that's not the problem, see if you can find yourself a DVI monitor and see if it's doing the same thing. If it's not doing that, check your cables again and check the converter.

nexhunter

Reaction score
thks yeah in december imma start looking for a 22inch lcd monitor or 24inch well whichever size will fit on my desk

DragonMaster

Reaction score
Hi, you could check the VGA cable to see if there's a problem. You could try to reset the screen settings too.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Are you sure you have the proper graphics card drivers from nVidia? Also I suggest checking your monitor settings.. maybe there's some kind of function that needs to be changed