Ownership of site in google webmaster tools using TXT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I have added my co.cc site in google webmasters tools and decided to prove ownership using txt record.For that I created this record in cPanel's advanced DNS zone editor:-
google-site-verification.dthinfo.co.cc | 14400 | IN | TXT | "unique key"
Entry of txt record was successful at 03-07-2010.But neither I nor google is able to see it.Please help.

mattblog

Reaction score
Just use the upload the html file feature, its so much more easier and takes less time. download it, upload it, delete it and your all done

Matt,

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Just use the upload the html file feature, its so much more easier and takes less time. download it, upload it, delete it and your all done

Matt,
Thanks for suggestion.I know that but being a computer geek I wanted to do it using txt record.So I don't have a weird file in web root and there is no additional meta tag in my home page.

mattblog

Reaction score
Yes but you can delete it right afterwards and there ill be no trace of it as i know.

Theres also a third option i forget what it is though

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Yes but you can delete it right afterwards and there ill be no trace of it as i know.
Thanks I didn't know that.But in one of my site google asked me to reverify after I removed the meta tag after 1 month.So it may be checking the ownership record periodically.

mattblog

Reaction score
I believe as long as you just choose another option and start it up, the other pending record search will be erased. I believe this is what you are inquiring. Regardless, good luck

Matt

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I just want to know that how much time it will take the txt record to show up.It is now around 48 hours.So I did make any mistake or there is problem from server side?

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I have found solution of this.I am writing this step by step so others can benefit.

Step: 1 Go to advanced DNS zone editor and select domain.
Step: 2 Go to add record option in name section type your domain name (example.com)
Step: 3 In TTL, type 14400 or value you like.
Step: 4 Select TXT record
Step: 5 In address, type, google-site-verification:your unique string
Step: 6 Click add record.
Step: 7 Now go to http://nwtools.com enter your domain name and you should be able to see the TXT record you entered.It may take some time, max 48 hrs.Mine showed up within 2 minutes.
Step: 8 Now you can successfully verify your site in google webmasters tools.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Just for reference, if you do use the HTML file authentication, the file has to remain in place permanently in order to retain verification of ownership and it cannot be deleted after the initial process as it will be polled intermittently to ensure that you are still a valid owner of the domain. The same applies for Meta tag verification.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
Just for reference, if you do use the HTML file authentication, the file has to remain in place permanently in order to retain verification of ownership and it cannot be deleted after the initial process as it will be polled intermittently to ensure that you are still a valid owner of the domain. The same applies for Meta tag verification.
I agree and the benefit of DNS(TXT) validation is that you are able to get ownership of full domain, so you don't need to validate each subdomain.Which is not available with above two methods(in quotes).
The disdavantage is that this is not easy for average user and it can take too much time to validate your site in google.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.