Page redirecting help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1337scape

Reaction score
ok guys, I have a little problem.

I have my "index.html" in the main FTP directory. And I have a link on the site that has this in "index.html"
Code:
<a href="TOS.html">
TOS.html is in the same directory as index.html. Now with both of these on my desktop, the whole process works fine. I click in link > Then it goes to TOS > Then it goes to forums. But when I go to the site and try it, it just skips TOS.html and goes straight to forums. anything I have to do to make it work?

- 1337scape.

Flashgear

Reaction score
what's in your index.html page? You don't need to do a re-direct, either just edit it via the file manager in cPanel, or what ever you edit it with a link to your T.O.S page. Saying click here or something. the code you will need is below.

Code:
<A HREF="mywebpage.html">Page name here</A>

I hope this answers your query

Last edited:

1337scape

Reaction score
I am not doing a redirect...I have TOS.html where index.html is but TOS.html won't work when it's in the file manager place (FTP) But when I do it on my Desktop, everything works fine.

Flashgear

Reaction score
Bare with me..

The link won't work from the TOS.html to the forum?

Or the TOS.html isn't showing as the main page when you click visit the domain?

1337scape

Reaction score
Ok.....I click on the link to the forum...and it's supposed to go to the TOS page first. Then when they click "I agree" on the TOS page, it goes to forum. Problem is. When they click on the link to the forum, it goes STRAIGHT to the forum and not TOS page.

engel

Reaction score
What's the code that's linking to the TOS page? Check the TOS page for any redirect code, also.

1337scape

Reaction score
TOS page only needs redirect code to Forums..and it has that...It's the index.html that need redirect code to TOS, and I have it, but it won't work...Should the TOS.html be in the same place as index.html? Because that's how it is now and I used <A HREF="TOS.html">forums</A>

Flashgear

Reaction score
Yeah, check the code in the TOS page for any redirect code that may take it straight to the forum.

Also, the code where its says i agree change it to

<A HREF="FORUM URL HERE">I agree</A>

In theory, that should be it.

the index.htm and TOS.html need to be in the same location otherwise it won't link correctly

Last edited:

1337scape

Reaction score
dude u don't get it...the TOS page is not the faulty one...Nevermind, I will fix it on my own.

Flashgear

Reaction score
dude u don't get it...the TOS page is not the faulty one...Nevermind, I will fix it on my own.

Yes i do get it.

Either use these one of these.

Use this if the index.html and the tos.html aren't in the same location
Code:
<A HREF="PUT THE TOS URL IN HERE NOT JUST THE NAME EG WWW.GOOGLE.COM/IMAGES/TOS.HTML">Page name here</A>

If they are in the same location use
Code:
<A HREF="TOS.html">Page name here</A>

I hope this answers your query and try to explain yourself more clearly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.