Page "Temporarily Unavailable" then suddenly suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin29

Reaction score
Yesterday I was constantly receiving a "page temporarily unavailable" error when trying to view or edit my site (I use WordPress). When the page did load, it took a while as did the WordPress editor.

Today, I went to my site and found out it was suspended, apparently for "high system resource usage." I have no idea what this could be due to. As far as I know, I'm not running anything on my site that would result in this (of course, I'm still fairly new to WordPress and could be missing something).

The notice that came along with my suspension said that this was "warning 1 of 3." I'd like to understand what caused me to get suspended so that I can keep this from happening again.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Just to add, I've been looking around and one suggestion was to check the error log in C-Panel. It didn't show any errors.

I also saw suggestions that some plugins might be using a lot of memory. I haven't installed any new plugins and I don't know how to check how much memory the ones I have are using.

My site has been unsuspended, but it is still loading slow, and I still don't know how to prevent it from being suspended in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.