page wont display

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveness

Reaction score
hello all my website page wont display and it wont give an error it just shows a download box.

the thing that gets downloaded is the sorce for my index.html page

main prob with that is ive got php pages on there and there all avalable for download witch means people can get my sorce any help would be nice tarr in advance

Chris73

Reaction score
You need to remove the file download link. Create a normal index.html or index.php file. You can still have a download link for your file but just don't make it shown as a link on your page.

daveness

Reaction score
huh im confused coz its for every single page on the website and theres no download links on any of the pages

Chris73

Reaction score
What i am trying to say is that you set that link as the main link to your site. Instead of having a normal index.php or index.html you have it set as a download link.

You can try removing your .htaccess file until you get it straightened out.

daveness

Reaction score
its just a normal webpage it was fine before i got susspended then after it got lifted it went like that. thanks for the fast message back aswell :)

edit: i removed .htaccess and i still get the same thing

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
Like i said. What i would do is delete the .htaccess file or rename it to .htaccess.bk... Doing this will reset your web page to normal. provided that it is just an .htaccess issue. You can see that file through ftp or make sure you can view hidden files in your cpanel.

Chris73

Reaction score
Let me ask you a question :) What was the original web hosting name you chose when you first signed up?

I would like to check something out

Merry X-mas to you as well :)

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Please clear your cache, it seems to be working fine for me. Your seeing a cached copy of the page if it's still asking to download the files.

Chris73

Reaction score
Clear your browsers cache. After you removed the .htaccess file it shows your page now. :)

daveness

Reaction score
ok lol stupid me and merry xmas to you aswell you guys do a fantastic job as free hosts

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks,

I am going to close this as it's solved. If you need additional support feel free to open this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.