Paid Hosting in Credits

Status
Not open for further replies.

SykaX

Reaction score
Okay, I was doing some calculations/searching, and I noticed that Corey will offer paid hosting for credits, but doesn't have a set amount. Now, for my idea:

Judging by the 7000 Credits Payout for $5 that means that 1400 credits is equal to $1 (7000 divided by 5.) Therefore, a month of the paid Static plan should be 8330 credits and a year should be 83300 points (1400 times 59.50, now that you get the idea, I s'ppose you can figure out the rest.) A month of paid Advanced should be 11130 credits and a year should be 111930. Now, for Corporate a month should be 18130 and a year should be 181300. So, in a nutshell:

Static:
Month: 8330
Year: 83300

Advanced:
Month: 11130
Year: 111930

Corporate:
Month: 18130
Year: 181300

And so on for the advertising and additional services. 'Course, with that high of aprice..might not go so well.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

It seems you don't know your ad code. It is this:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://x10hosting.com/adserve.js?advanced"></script>

Sohail

Reaction score
I think this paid hosting in credits is a bad idea. It's way too expensive for everyone! Even if i tried to make as much credits as i could for the static plan, it wouldn't go so well.

What i think you should do is sell web space, bandwidth and MySQL database space for credits. eg.

ACCOUNT UPGRADES
50MB added to your account - Amount of credits here
1 MySQL database - Amount of credits here
1000MB Bandwidth - Amount of credits here

ADVERTISING
15,000 Text Link impressions - Amount of credits here
15,000 468x60 Banner impressions - Amount of credits here

And so on.. I think you get the picture now. But i think that adding this to the rewards page would be a great idea. What does everyone else think.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
It will result in spamming in the forums and will only add more to the staff.

Sohail

Reaction score
Can't you make it all automated. Anyway i understand what this could cause so i guess x10 is better of without it ;).

kajasweb

Reaction score
- This is a BAD idea. If we do implement this, our community will become a SPAMMERS HUB and all would claim getting a Paid Hosting.

- Account upgrades for credits also gives the same result.

- May be, Advertising for credits is feasible. But, Corey is the one who can decide on this.

SykaX

Reaction score
True, it would end up in spamming -but that's the only problem (and be really expensive..but you could open donations on your site, and Corey also said he would give credits to people if they wanted to pay for them -so there's something else the members with PayPal could do. I don't really see where extra work for the staff would come in at aside from the spam XD...it's not like that many people are going to get it.)

Well anyways, it looks like it's against public interest, so we might as well forget the idea was ever even suggested. And by the way, it's really here because I'm getting a little annoyed with all the downtime and wanted paid hosting...the stress on the server seems to be giving everyone else ('specially Corey) stress.

I think this paid hosting in credits is a bad idea. It's way too expensive for everyone! Even if i tried to make as much credits as i could for the static plan, it wouldn't go so well.

What i think you should do is sell web space, bandwidth and MySQL database space for credits. eg.

ACCOUNT UPGRADES
50MB added to your account - Amount of credits here
1 MySQL database - Amount of credits here
1000MB Bandwidth - Amount of credits here

ADVERTISING
15,000 Text Link impressions - Amount of credits here
15,000 468x60 Banner impressions - Amount of credits here

And so on.. I think you get the picture now. But i think that adding this to the rewards page would be a great idea. What does everyone else think.

That's good, but I'd have to build on it. Corey rents (not sells) extra MySQL DBs, bandwidth, etc. So, there would have to be a monthly/yearly amount of credits you had to pay to keep it active.

P.S.: Thanks for the advertisement code Brandon, my Account Panel worked but I still couldn't get into the advertisement area of it.

Last edited:

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
True, it would end up in spamming -but that's the only problem (and be really expensive..but you could open donations on your site, and Corey also said he would give credits to people if they wanted to pay for them -so there's something else the members with PayPal could do. I don't really see where extra work for the staff would come in at aside from the spam XD...it's not like that many people are going to get it.)

If you have a PayPal account to pay for credits, why just dont use it to pay in cash for the plan already!?
That will cut one thing in the process like:
Pay for credits > core give credits > you pay credits for paid hosting > corey take the credits out and set up your acc as paid one.

while already buying the paid:
pay for paid hosting > corey set up your acc as paid one

simple.

Loneua Technologies

Reaction score
It is a great idea that can go south very fast.

We should offer things like more bandwidth, disk space,

Maybe even offer a custom error page.

BTW,

If you were to get the static plan you would need to post 93 times per day.

Last edited:

SykaX

Reaction score
If you have a PayPal account to pay for credits, why just dont use it to pay in cash for the plan already!?
That will cut one thing in the process like:
Pay for credits > core give credits > you pay credits for paid hosting > corey take the credits out and set up your acc as paid one.

while already buying the paid:
pay for paid hosting > corey set up your acc as paid one

simple.

By that I meant the members of a hosted site, not X10 (well, they'd need an X10 acount..but that's beside the point.) It was going along with donations.

Anyways, as I said above, it seems to be against public interest. Does a mod mind locking this for me?

Bigbucks2528

Reaction score
It seems like a good idea, the only problem is, as many have said before me, is the spam caused on the forums. There are many people who might take advantage of the forums and try to hurry up and get credits.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback, but this is from 2008. This, obviously, isn't going to be implemented as it's going to add costs to the paid hosting aspect of the business. Paid hosting is what keeps us moving ahead, not credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.