Do you believe in Pangaea

• Yes

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Macaws

Some people think Pangaea existed. It meant that every piece of land was at one time, (255 Million years ago) one big piece of land. So,

DO YOU believe it?

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's true. The world was once a super continent where dinosaurs roamed the land. Overtime continents begain drifting apart and eventually ended up like they are today.

Eventually the continents will form a neo-pangea where the continents come together once again. That won't happen for a very very long time.

Here's an illustration:

pangea-continental-drift.gif

http://geology.com/pangea-continental-drift.gif

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Yes, I believe it is true, it is the only explanation for all of the scattered land animals and plants, plus, it has been proven that the land is moving around a couple of inches

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It's true. The world was once a super continent where dinosaurs roamed the land. Overtime continents begain drifting apart and eventually ended up like they are today.

Eventually the continents will form a neo-pangea where the continents come together once again. That won't happen for a very very long time.

Here's an illustration:

pangea-continental-drift.gif
Missing image.

Yes, it explains very much, about the animals on the continents, the puzzle like fit of the continents, and more. Continents definitely shift, we might be wrong about how it moves. If that was not the case, that would leave a lot of explaining to do.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I kind of do. I don't have much information on it though.

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Yep, I do.
I studied this in one of my classes and it all makes sense. :)

deadeye536

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe in Pangaea, it makes sense to me how all of the continents seem to fit together, also with scattered species of plants, animals, fungi, etc. There is also modern day proof of the continents shifting, although it may only be inches in a year, it is happening.

rubenj

Reaction score
yes, I do. I don't see what not to believe in about it.

BentFX

Reaction score
Yes, it's true. The recorded history of mankind is just a flash in the pan compared to geological time. The planet is billions of years old. We are rather amusing creatures when it comes to our reference of what is really old or big. We think the speed of light is fast, yet on the scale of galaxies it is slow. (100,000 light years to cross our galaxy)

We have a very limited reference, because we die off so quickly. On a relative scale the speed of life is what's fast.

Last edited:

hcse26

Reaction score
Yeah it's true. I've had that in my history class for a number of years now. It's recorded and you can't deny that the world is like a jigsaw puzzle :)