ParanoidK - My website.

sonicsshadow

Reaction score

Click the banner above to navigate to the site OR click the link below:

http://paranoidk.com

So, where to begin.
Well, basically, this is my website that I've created. I am the only one who does the coding of the website, and I have one other person doing the graphics, so please keep in mind that this website is basically created by ONE PERSON (me) and the graphics by another.

Here is the basic generic description I throw around:
A website driven by user submitted content. Want to post your artwork, articles, videos or tutorials? This is the place! The forums also come with a fully equip RPG.
So let me explain what my site is:
This site is mainly focused on user submission of content. Everything in the "content" section is user submitted. We rely on user submitted content to keep the website running The forums are a major focus of my website because of a mod I've made which can be accessed by clicking on the "Shop" button at the top of the screen. The forums also come with a custom made shoutbox made by me. The submission process is automated. Once you submit your content other users are able to comment on your work.

A few notes before I get into the shop features:
The shop is NOT an actual shop. You do not buy real items here! It is for items that you use on the FORUMS, not in real life. Also, in the description, the "fully equip RPG" is referring to the shop.
You need to be registered to check out this feature, but I suggest you do simply to take a look at it.

The Shop:
Again, you need to be registered to check out this feature, but I suggest you do simply to take a look at it.
Note: This was coded by me from scratch (well, I modded PHPBB 2).

This is the feature that I'm most proud of. What I've done is I've made it so that whenever you post you gain 20 Money (FAKE MONEY, FOR USE IN THE SHOP). This money can be spent on buying items from the shop (DIGITAL ITEMS, NOT REAL ITEMS). These items do a lot of things, they can allow you to attack other players, such as stealing money from them, or you can buy items that change the color of your username. These are only a few examples of what you can buy, if you want to see more items you can buy, go check out the shop itself.

While you're posting you can also find COLLECTORS ITEMS. These items can not be used, they are only for collecting, or selling. These items are also used in quests (see more info below). These items are generally sold since they have little use, or just held onto for collecting purposes.
You are allowed to interact between members with the shop as well. You can send and receive MONEY and ITEMS from users.

I have also made a custom messaging system for the shop. After you post an onscreen popup will appear (this is not a new window, it is a message outputted on the site) stating that you have found an item. This will also send you a message in the shop message box saying how you've found X item or *person* has sent you X amount of an item or money. This allows you to sell items to other members.

Quests are also a major part of this system. Quests generally consist of you bringing certain items to a person (this is automated, you go to the quest log page and click the quest then click a button when you have the items and it will automatically do the rest) and they will give you an item of equal or greater in exchange for your efforts. This is a very profitable process. Every holiday there are holiday specific quests released. They're quite a bit of fun :).

There is also a leaderboard to show the richest members on the site. Maybe one day you'll be up there ;). This updates every time you load the page.

There is also a badge system installed on the forums. Badges are shown under your avatar on the forums and display accomplishments. These accomplishments include completing all of the quests or gaining a certain amount of posts.

Other random features:
There isn't much else to say. Every week or so I come out with a new quest. Quite a bit of the site is being converted / has been converted into AJAX for ease of use. New items and new features come out at least every two weeks.

Well that's about it, I hope you guys check it out, rate it, and like it :).

http://paranoidk.com

g-force

Reaction score
7/10 since you coded yourself

but there are better cms's for phpbb2

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
first thing when I looked at your website I noticed the serif-font

I can not know how much to stress that serif-font looks horrible on webpages, unless utilize correctly..I suggest a sans-serif

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
first thing when I looked at your website I noticed the serif-font

I can not know how much to stress that serif-font looks horrible on webpages, unless utilize correctly..I suggest a sans-serif

Heh, I'll be the first to admit that my website is not the most graphically appealing website ever.
I'll change the font, I honestly didn't know what was a good web font :).

Any other suggestions?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
font: sans-serif;

place that in your css, under body
it will chose the user's default sans-serif font

angela29

Reaction score
I like it. I am new to web building and all the stuff. I am a dork of a different kind but I like it. I plan on actually signing in the next time, and submitting some artwork or something. It is nice and simple, self explanatory and easy to get around, Kudos:)

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I like it. I am new to web building and all the stuff. I am a dork of a different kind but I like it. I plan on actually signing in the next time, and submitting some artwork or something. It is nice and simple, self explanatory and easy to get around, Kudos:)
Please do not bring threads back up that have been inactive for a while.