Parked Domain(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quickmanx262

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is where this request goes, these forums have changed quite a bit since I first came here for hosting.

I've had my hosting account here for ages, and I know once upon a time, requests for extra storage were reviewed here, so I'm wondering, can I get an extra parked domain slot on my website? I've set up a new domain name for a new project, but would also like to keep my old one that I've had for almost eight years now. If not, that's still fine. No harm in checking, I figured.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
No, you only get one with Free hosting. However, if you still have an add-on domain remaining unused, you can (with a little extra work compared to a parked domain) point that to your HTML root. If you're using your add-ons, though, there's no way without upgrading your account — and the upgrade path isn't currently available (it was taken offline for maintenance, but it really looks like they're rethinking the whole business given the amount of time it's taking, and who knows when it will be back or what it will look like when, or perhaps even if, it returns).

quickmanx262

Reaction score
Ah, ok. That's a feature I've never even looked into, thanks for telling me about it. I do indeed have my add-on domains free, so I'll go with that option.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I do indeed have my add-on domains free...
be sure to understand - cPanel will (needs) use a 'sub-domain' to set a [ Addon domain]
if you do NOT have a unused 'sub-domain' you can not add a [ Addon domain] in cPanel

Status
Not open for further replies.