Password too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecwools76

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having problems creating my hosting account. My first attempt was rejected because the password was too long. I cancelled it and tried to sign up for hosting again, but I get this message:

We detect that you are accessing our service through a proxy or attempting to register multiple times. We do not allow signups through proxy services or more than once per 24 hours. If you believe this is a mistake, please contact us on our forums.

I wasn't able to change the password: the field says "Will be the same as your current account password.". So I'm concerned that even when I can sign up again it will fail again for the same reason, since my account password is longer than 16 characters.

The hosting account username should be "ecwools", and the address should be "ecwools.x10.mx".

I tried to file this support request through the account control panel at https://x10hosting.com/control/?support&newrequest, but I got this message:

Support is currently closed for the server your hosting account is on (). Please visit our forums and read the news.

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You can change your current password in your account panel. Please take notice that when you do that, the password will change for your account panel and forum account. After that completes, try signing up for a hosting account again.

Last edited:

ecwools76

Reaction score
I'm still getting the same error message ("We do not allow signups through proxy services or more than once per 24 hours."). I guess I have to wait until 24 hours after my last sign-up attempt? It seems like I shouldn't have to wait if the attempt fails because my password was too long.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.