Pay2play VS Free2Play ?

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer F2P because I hate opening my wallet. However, I like to involve myself into the F2P games communities (such as moderator of the forums, beta tester, support member, etc.) to enhance my gaming experience.
There is also a wise company that created a game first F2P, then added a P2P part with more features, more worlds, more servers, ability to test new features, etc.

GG-Xtreme

Reaction score
P2P doesn't always mean a better experience. My XBL experience was a cess-pool of 12-year-old idiots, which is one of the many reasons I would never buy a 360. I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 for years (F2P), and it's the best online experience I've had in almost any game.

fempower

Reaction score
P2P is more likely to have a dedicated team adding new content and maintaining a nice community. Also, more likely for cool liscenced content *like the upcoming Stargate, Marvel, Star Trek, and Alvin Maker games). F2P is great for if you're short on cash.

alan2008

Reaction score
cheapest Warhammer cd key

*Content Removed By sohailamir52*

Reason: Spam

Last edited by a moderator:

naerey

Reaction score
Personally I've never played for long P2P games (only trials like WoW 2week), and am not planning to, since they are way too expensive for my pocket. They also require much higher specs like a normal videocard which I don't even have ^^

So, I'm sticking with F2P my fun from it anyways :p

UrbanTerror FTW!!

mattura

Reaction score
You get what you pay for...

but sometimes you can have a little fun for free.

like2program

Reaction score
Pay to play will always have the best game quality.

Since the players actually have to pay to play the game it reduces the chance that there will be spammers, cheaters, and other people the only play to ruin your experience.

Have any of you seriously tried to play on a Crysis server for more than an hour? It is chaos because some jerk thinks it's funny to set up a bot that automatically kills everyone with a pistol head shot. If he had to pay for that, chances are he wouldn't.

I'll stick to P2P and single player games myself.

T

themasterrocker

I don't play WoW because my friends used to play it and quit and we all just play RS aka Runescape. Runescape P2P which is far more funner than WoW from what my 2 friends told me. and Runescape even made it in Guiness world Records this year!! They was happy though.

MarioMaster

Reaction score
I'm all F2P. I don't think it's worth spending $10-15 each month just to play a game. I can understand a small fee like RuneScape's $5.95 (used to be $5.00). I think they should just throw some GoogleAds on their site and have an optional P2P to get rid of the ads and get more game-content. But I still think F2P is best (besides, I'm only 12 and have no credit card/PayPal to use).

I don't play WoW because my friends used to play it and quit and we all just play RS aka Runescape. Runescape P2P which is far more funner than WoW from what my 2 friends told me. and Runescape even made it in Guiness world Records this year!! They was happy though.

They made it in 2007 too :)! I used to play RuneScape. Then my account got hacked, they got 2.4 black marks (for cybering :p), so now I'm in the "Orange Zone". Now Jagex doesn't believe it wasn't me since I took a very long break from RuneScape and didn't check 'till I saw that I had 7 new messages in my inbox.

Last edited: