PayPal Problem !! Anyone else have this before?

black-rain-ninja

Reaction score
I setup a paid account on x10 yesterday morning and every-time I try to pay the invoice to finish setting it up by PayPal it tells me that the transaction is greater then my balance and I need to add a debit or credit card to finish.

I'm looking at my paypal account right now and it says I have plenty of money in my balance to pay it.......One of my buddies that is sponsoring my site paid the invoice I sent him yesterday and it says completed and shows the amount of money he paid and that amount in my balance.

I sent PayPal an e-mail but still nothing from them has anyone else ever had it tell you you don't have enough money even though you do?:nuts::lockd:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I setup a paid account on x10 yesterday morning and every-time I try to pay the invoice to finish setting it up by PayPal it tells me that the transaction is greater then my balance and I need to add a debit or credit card to finish.

I'm looking at my paypal account right now and it says I have plenty of money in my balance to pay it.......One of my buddies that is sponsoring my site paid the invoice I sent him yesterday and it says completed and shows the amount of money he paid and that amount in my balance.

I sent PayPal an e-mail but still nothing from them has anyone else ever had it tell you you don't have enough money even though you do?:nuts::lockd:

I have never had this happen to me before. There isn't much x10Hosting can do from our side, so emailing Paypal like you did was the best choice of action.

If you need to make an immediate payment, you may be better off just linking a credit or debit card to the payment until Paypal can successfully resolve the issue.

black-rain-ninja

Reaction score
I guess it isn't a really big deal.....Since I just created the account from what I gather the payment will be what really makes the account so if I don't get to pay it before the due date on the invoice I'll just have to remake it when PayPal fixes the issue.....I was just going to pay one big payment to cover the full year of hosting and the domain name.

There is no penalty or anything that I missed is there if I can't get that first payment in on time, They will just cancel the account and I'd have to remake it over again right?

As long as that is that case I'll just have to wait I guess it's not super important I get the paid account up and running ASAP and the sponsors AD is taken care of on the free account for now.

I just wanted to move to the paid accounts for the disk space and better servers and the domain name :drool:

Thanks for the reply.....I'll just wait and see what PayPal says I guess.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
There is no penalty or anything that I missed is there if I can't get that first payment in on time, They will just cancel the account and I'd have to remake it over again right?

As long as that is that case I'll just have to wait I guess it's not super important I get the paid account up and running ASAP and the sponsors AD is taken care of on the free account for now.

I just wanted to move to the paid accounts for the disk space and better servers and the domain name :drool:

Thanks for the reply.....I'll just wait and see what PayPal says I guess.

Because you are a paid member, the best thing you could do now is to file a priority support ticket through your Clients interface and let an administrator know you're having problems.

From there, you should be able to sort out any issues you may have.

If you would like to chat with account managers or administrators, there are usually some available in the IRC:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/irc.php