Permission Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

vworld01

Reaction score
I keep getting "Permission Denied" in the IE8 Browser when I try to view my website pages that use my external .js file on another one of my sites. Up until last week, my external .js file was on x10hosting.com and working great, but then I started getting, "Permission Denied" so I tried moving it to another site and it still is not working. Why am I all of a sudden getting this error message and how can I fix it? Could it be that I am somehow blocking it with my settings on x10hosting.com? If so what could I check / change to give that file permission? Please Help, Any suggestions? (P.S. My other thread somehow got closed before the issue was resolved)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Well I just open your website and it is working fine without any error..

Can you please post the link where you are getting error

Attachments

• webd.png
    webd.png
    444.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
When you open the main page?
Click on a link? Which link?
If the browser cannot load a js file (for any reason) it normally does nothing.
What is the full url of the js file?

vworld01

Reaction score
The error occurs after you click the "middle" image ("Click To Enter"), rollover the bright green strip labeled "Click Variety World 01 Sites" and click "Variety_World_01" .

Error:
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 01:11:29 UTC

Line: 46
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://www.variety_world.webs.com/v...7y33bSites2010/33bSites2010/html/js/vw1830.js

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the permissions on the js file.

It is trying to do something around line 46 of that that is not allowed.

Since so much of your javascript is document write of stuff that is encoded, I guess you don't want people to know what you are doing.

vworld01

Reaction score
Thank-you, it may be the encoding. I'll recheck my scripting, thank-you for giving me a starting place. I taught myself Javascript and I'm still experimenting with things and how they work. I don't know how to make the script read without the encoding for an external js file, that's partly why its encoded. Thank-you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.