Personal blog/photo & portfolio website

gabrialm

Reaction score
Oh uh, long over due edit, I guess the site URL might be handy. LOL: http://gmac.exofire.net

I'm in very early development of my backend (writing my own backend CMS code), design is pretty well fleshed out, and there is just holding lorem ipsum text right now with some of the design functionality for the text formatting displayed.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions,

Cheers,

Gabrial MacLeod

Last edited:

tam-iam

Reaction score
Wow. I think you have done an excellent job making a dark theme work. The colors are well integrated and I love the layout. The only thing that bothers me is the calender. It throws off the balance just a bit. Great job!!

gabrialm

Reaction score
Wow. I think you have done an excellent job making a dark theme work. The colors are well integrated and I love the layout. The only thing that bothers me is the calender. It throws off the balance just a bit. Great job!!

Thank you for your kind remarks. Yes I agree about the calendar, the color was only temporary and it wasn't until you mentioned it that I had rembered to fix it, had the scheme in mind, hope it plays nicely with the rest of the coloring.

As for the dark theme, I'm a big fan of "dark" design. I feel it is far too under utilized, but as you suggest it is difficult to make dark themes work.