personal homepage

slacker3

Reaction score
Please review my personal homepage.

I want to add some cool stuff in the next few weeks - got some sparetime. :biggrin:
Any suggestions ?

Everything is fine with Firefox, but for some strange reason the link to the chess game doesn't work with linux's konqueror, can anyone tell me why ?

Last edited:

xvalnar

Reaction score
Well the Web is for me acctuly just boring as you got:

#No Real Content
#The Thing about Linux etc and all the Other stuff is useless/unimportant

Also if this Website is hosted by x10 you have to provide a full translation of the Page so for Example the Chess Game should be in Englisch the Hover Messages etc you can keep the German BUT you have to give at least a Full Englisch Page with a seeable mark to change the Language if the site stay german when you enter

Also the Grafic animation in the Favicon is also kind of unneeded same for the Blue Planet Moving to the Top,who cares the only thing it does is lower loading time for low internet-speed users

So Suggetions whould be:
Make a Nice Template or keep this one and work on it a little bit
Fill in Some Content
Make the Translation(if this is a site hosted on the x10 Server)
Don´t put in useless/unneeded/uninstesting Stuff

slacker3

Reaction score
Thanks for your answer! (no it's not hosted by x10)

Well, any animation is useless, isn't it? :p
(removed ultraviolet image of the sun)

As for the content:
Just started with my site, i will add some network related tools and probably an lpic exam simulation.
It's not intended to serve any specific purpose other than providing contact information
(for the occasional webdesign/bash-scripting job) and links to some sites i made.

added hash-calculator and mail function..

The web is full of templates, they look all the same for me.

Last edited:

xvalnar

Reaction score
Well for templates i whould suggest either using Photoshop and Dreamweaver(if you are already fimilar with Webdesign what to know about etc.) else Photoshop and Artiesteer 2 with these you can´t make so much wrong

slacker3

Reaction score
I guess i will stick to my own ugly design and just add some content... :)

Any suggestions about the network tools i should add ?
I thought about just adding ping, whois, traceroute, dig and probably some links to rainbow-table stuff.

The mail function doesn't seem to work on this free-hoster...

somegood

Reaction score
I like the hovering windows. Apart form that you should add a little moe contenct and put everyting in either german or english...

slacker3

Reaction score
I'm working on it.. :)

At first i wanted to make every single window draggable but it's flickering too much so i gave up on this.

What i don't understand is why the animation looks fine when the tableset of the wpa-psk-check window is set to "OS" but ugly as hell when it's set to "COW". Sure it's a lot of text in the option list, but wtf ?

hmm..
Using konqueror i get perfect animations but when i click on "chess" nothing happens.
Can't even imagine how it looks in internet explorer...

Last edited:

slacker3

Reaction score
Last edited:

projectile

Reaction score
To be honest, your design doesn't attract attention. First thing that comes to one's mind is "empty". If you look at the more popular websites, they usually are a mixture of a beautiful layout and accessibility - Content comes 2nd in my opinion. So just get a nice design going and rest should be fine.

slacker3

Reaction score
To be honest, your design doesn't attract attention. First thing that comes to one's mind is "empty". If you look at the more popular websites, they usually are a mixture of a beautiful layout and accessibility - Content comes 2nd in my opinion. So just get a nice design going and rest should be fine.

Personally i do not like the whole "web 2.0" stuff (to be honest i hate it, esp. flash),
sites like http://www.slackware.com/ are perfectly fine for me.

But i know what you mean.
:)

Feel free to have an second view on my homepage (still work in progress).