Phantom MySQL databases, assistance needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garlund

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue removing 2 databases from MySQL Databases section of cPanel. I had created these during the time last week when stoli was being updated as a cure to get my MySQL back online. In the process, I accidently created 2 databases that cannot be deleted.

_garlund and _phpb1

**I can name these because they will never be created again and cannot be used or taken advantage of now do to MySQL still being offline.

Any how, I've tried several different trouble shooting steps to remove these phantom databases and was very unsuccessful. Also, I made sure I searched the treads before posting this thread just to be on the safe side ;). I strongly believe that the issue can only be handled by them (the phantom databases) being removed by x10hosting tech peeps (unless I'm wrong and I'll gladly do anything to correct the issue on my end).

I've done the following to correct:

* Deleted the databases in the MySQL Databases section of cPanel
* Attempted to compress and remove the databases from phpMyAdmin.
> Didn't work
* Tried creating new users and a new database.
> Didn't work.

I tried some other things but was still unsuccessful. Once again, my bad luck and bad discissions have put me in a pickle...

Please help me out :eek:wned:

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
It's a problem that the staff is aware of. They are working to fix this. An admin is able to login to the box and manually delete them. Give it some time, and an admin will review this soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.