Photoshop themes

walidno1

Reaction score
Well, i was wondering something. I have gone through many sites that gives tutorial on making photoshop website themes. However, I was wondering this. If I were to add HTML/ PHP/ Javascript, then I would have to convert the theme made in Photoshop into html file right? Is there any other way? Integration into css or smth?? I hope u guys understand what I am trying to say. Its even confusing to me!!

Thanx

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, the theme is just artwork -- a picture of what the site design should look like -- and you need to disassemble it into its component parts. If it's supplied as a PSD file, the various elements will usually be on separate layers, making it easier to save the various background images you'll need for your CSS. I don't use Dreamweaver, but it's probably possible to import the PSD and have Dreamweaver create the CSS for you. I wouldn't rely on that, though -- it will work out better for you if you design your own compatible HTML page (semantically meaningful markup, with appropriate divs, ids and classes) to which you can attach a more appropriate style sheet.

The hard part of design is coming up with it, not making it "real". Good designers, though, aren't necessarily good coders -- there are a lot of talented people who can create a great in-browser user experience but who haven't got a clue about HTML or CSS. Others don't want to impose an inappropriate document structure on your project. I know that as a developer I'd much rather get a UI design as a PSD than as an HTML page with CSS and images; it's far easier to code something than it is to re-code something someone else has done.

walidno1

Reaction score
hmm.........well, I guess that should do it........I will give it a try!!

csace

Reaction score
"site grinder" software can convert you PSD theme into a useable site
must be magic!

the_site

Reaction score
Good designers, though, aren't necessarily good coders -- there are a lot of talented people who can create a great in-browser user experience but who haven't got a clue about HTML or CSS.

Great words.
It is Pain in the Neck to Make a Photoshop Template and making into a Live Site. Its 100% Possible, take time how to learn HTML/CSS and http://www.w3schools.com/ is a great place to Start!

Last edited: