PHP 5.1.4 Help!

_Xero_

Reaction score
I need a bunch code references for the new version of php, mainly for templates cuz the directories changed and such. can someone help me?

Last edited:

_Xero_

Reaction score
well i keep getting errors on templates. the directory for templates was something like "HTML/template/it.php" or something like that, cant remember, but it's not working anymore ever since that new version was installed.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
That would be the files on your server directly, not the PHP verison installed. Chech the files and make sure they extist!!!

_Xero_

Reaction score
Warning: require_once(HTML/Template/IT.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/classx/public_html/template.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTML/Template/IT.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/classx/public_html/template.php on line 3

that is the errors im getting. it's not finding the files. im a noob with this stuff, so i tried out a template tutorial, and it told me to include HTML/Template/IT.php to the files or w/e, and it worked until a month or so later when a new version of php was installed. I had version 4 previously.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
_Xero_ said:
Warning: require_once(HTML/Template/IT.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/classx/public_html/template.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTML/Template/IT.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/classx/public_html/template.php on line 3

that is the errors im getting. it's not finding the files. im a noob with this stuff, so i tried out a template tutorial, and it told me to include HTML/Template/IT.php to the files or w/e, and it worked until a month or so later when a new version of php was installed. I had version 4 previously.

What is this for, a custom site or a CMS???

your file shoud be located at "/home/classx/public_html/html/Template/IT.php" make sure that the capitols are the same way or else that could be a problem "It's case sensitive"

_Xero_

Reaction score
I tried that but it did not work. IT.php is the definition for templates correct? I did a tutorial from phpfreaks and it said to include that file from that directory. It worked until I saw that a new version of php was installed. Though im on a new shared server now, but before i was on a different and it worked. So is there a template definition on the server I could use? I'd make my own, but i know nothing about creating such classes:p

Last edited:

chris218

Reaction score
we don't even know what script your talking of.

PHP is a scripting language, not a script.

_Xero_

Reaction score
LoL I am aware of it being a scripting language. I'm just a noob with some of this technical stuff. With the older version 4.*, that tutorial on phpfreaks told me to include this: "HTML/Template/IT.php"

That's all it said, and it worked. I have made a template before. But now it is not working. I found the path to PERL which should have the definition in there, but I'm not sure what the file is. would it be in the HTML namespace: HTML::Template?

chris218

Reaction score
that file is not standard... We can't help you if we don't know what we are helping you with.

PERL is something totally different..

_Xero_

Reaction score
Sorry, I have a hard time explaining things. All I know is that I went to phpfreaks and they told me what to do and that method isn't working anymore:hsughno: ill just try to figure it out on my own i guess:happysad: