php account

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigra123

Reaction score
I read in one of your forums that I need an intermediate php account, may I upgrade to this for free as I keep getting error "Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in"

many thanks in advance

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I read in one of your forums that I need an intermediate php account, may I upgrade to this for free as I keep getting error "Warning: mail() has been disabled for security reasons in"

many thanks in advance

All accounts On x10 has same php. The mail() function is disabled due to abuse. You can use the SMTP.

tigra123

Reaction score
how can i use the SMPT? do you mean when i configure my email account or can i do this in cpanel?
many thanks

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
how can i use the SMPT? do you mean when i configure my email account or can i do this in cpanel?
many thanks

Go to cPanel then click on email accounts, There Click on configure main client.

All SMTP setting are written there.
put these setting in mail option in admincp of your forums.

tigra123

Reaction score
Many thanks for your help - really appreciated will try this now!:biggrin:

tigra123

Reaction score
So I have set up the SMPT manually and works fine as I tested sending an email to the account.
But my problem is at my website which still gives the warning about the mail (function)--- I dont quite understand really,

my code has
PHP:
mail($recipient, $subject, $msg, $headers);
what is wrong with this?
how can I fix this code?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
So I have set up the SMPT manually and works fine as I tested sending an email to the account.
But my problem is at my website which still gives the warning about the mail (function)--- I dont quite understand really,

my code has
PHP:
mail($recipient, $subject, $msg, $headers);
what is wrong with this?
how can I fix this code?

php mail() is disabled. please see this http://status.x10hosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.