PHP application not accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstamper

Reaction score
I'm trying to run pluck-cms on my site (cstamper.x10hosting.com)

It's giving an error 500 every time I try to load the php page. So I think php support isn't properly enabled; it works fine on my personal web server.

So, many months ago I applied for int. php support. And it still hasn't been accepted.

Could someone enable my PHP please????

Or maybe that's not the problem? Permission are correct...

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Why not try a simple php to test
<? echo "test"; ?>

if that works, php is enabled.

If your page doesnt then work, also check your error log which should detail any errors although if your php is not compileable Im not sure it would show much

cstamper

Reaction score
I think actually certain php modules are disabled, due to a 'basic' config. So it prob wouldn't help, right?

What I think is really need is some 'boss' to enable intermediate php support... :)

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Go into your cPanel, under the logs section check the server logs and post the top 6 lines in here, we'll see whats causing the 500.

Johnny

Reaction score
set it to chmod 755 and your public_html to 755

also take off hotlink protection if it's on, hope i helped :)

cstamper

Reaction score
Here's the log:

[Tue Feb 19 09:17:47 2008] [error] [client 209.163.118.217] File does not exist: /home/cstamper/public_html/favicon.ico
[Tue Feb 19 09:17:42 2008] [error] [client 209.163.118.217] File does not exist: /home/cstamper/public_html/500.shtml
[Tue Feb 19 09:17:42 2008] [error] [client 209.163.118.217] SoftException in Application.cpp:238: File "/home/cstamper/public_html/install.php" is writeable by group

That's all there is. I had to try to load cstamper.x10hosting.com/install.php to generate this error.

What's hotlink protection, and how do I turn it off??

Thanks!
Edit:
Hotlink protection was already disabled... ?

Last edited:

Russ

<b>Retired *****</b>
Reaction score
Go into the file manager and change the permissions for the file install.php to 755.

cstamper

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It worked!

The pluck-cms website told me to chmod 777 instead of 755, so I did, against my better judgement.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.