php curl error after migration: "OpenSSL SSL_read: Success"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pausatfx

Reaction score
Thanks for restoring the databases after the migration. My website is almost working. Except that now, a php script that worked before and uses curl returns the following error:
"OpenSSL SSL_read: Success"
I found a website saying that this problem is caused by cURL 7.67.0:

https://www.webhostingdiscussion.net/blog/curl-error-56-openssl-ssl_read-success/

I also ran phpinfo(), which indicates that this version of curl is running on the x10hosting server hosting my website. Output of phpinfo() indicates:

cURL Information 7.67.0

Can this problem be fixed, maybe by changing to a different version of curl as recommended at the link above? Or does anyone have another suggestion for fixing this?

If x10hosting staff would like to have a link to test (for a script the is generating the error) send me a private email.

Thanks,
Jeff

pausatfx

Reaction score
In cases anyone else has this problem, here is the solution I found: Using my websites DirectAdmin interface, I was able to change the PHP version to one that had a different version of cURL. Steps were: From DirectAdmin interface => "Extra Features" => "Select PHP Version". When initially opening the page, the PHP version was "native (7.2)". I changed it to just "7.2" (without the word "native"). After that, my script worked. Output of phpinfo() after this change showed cURL version "7.62.0". (A version different than the cURL version 7.67.0 which is causing the problem). I'm really glad it was so easy to get this working again (once I figured out what to do)! Thanks x10hosting for a nice service allowing such changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.