Php E-mail functionality suddenly stopped by X10hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi - I run a MyBB forum (www.nzarchitecture.net.nz), and while it had been working fine, I am finding that in the last day or so all notification e-mails to subscribers are not getting through.

The forum relies on php email

No error messages are being generated when e-mails are sent - but nothing is actually being delivered. Previously, delivery had been almost immediate.

I tried to test general php email functionality with this test script: http://www.nzarchitecture.net.nz/testphpmail.php
and while the script again reported no errors on execution, no message was received - suggesting php mail has completely stopped working from my account

I am told that this indicates the problem is with the forum host, and that the host may have blocked or limited my php email functionality , or may be restricting e-mail where sender address is not on a x10host.com hosted domain, or perhaps some bad virus filter settings on the host may be at fault?

Can you please advise what may have changed with regards to email functionality for my site?

How do I get it back?

Over the last day, I have been deliberately generating a succession of test emails (to myself) from the site as I have been testing & troubleshooting a new e-mail digest plugin to summarise forum messages to subscribers - most of these messages were coming out with malformed headers, and those that got through had html message content not being parsed - could this be a clue? The same plugin on another host had no such problems.

Could my testing trigger some sort of functionality loss with host?
Could host issues be preventing parsing of html in messages under certain circumstances?

Now no email from this domain is getting through, however generated - even when this new plugin is not in use

I would really appreciate your help - until this is fixed, none of my users can get notifications

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
It seems Illuminated is having some issues with email. I have notified administration and the issue should be hopefully be resolved soon.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
It seems Illuminated is having some issues with email. I have notified administration and the issue should be hopefully be resolved soon.

Thanks - at least it is not just me!

gameaddict2085

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've had problems with built in email before and I switched to smtp using gmail. Its functioning when I posted this, so it might be worth considering using it if the problem persists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.