PHP Email Function

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylifestyle

Reaction score
Hi.

I have been setting up a new part of my website and had previously managed to
send emails [tests] numerous times. However, within the last hour the emails are
not being sent.

Please advise if you are doing any work which may affect email transmission??

[Chopin]

Thank you
ML:confused:

mylifestyle

Reaction score
Update : [ it's now many hours later without support reply ]

Some of the test emails have now arrived in my inbox. I am sending from my own site to my own admin email address but
they have taken hours to come through. It's like they are on a time delay or are being filtered which is delaying their
arrival.

About 24 - 36 hours ago these emails were immediate, ie arriving in my inbox within a few seconds......

Can someone please find out what is going on and let me know URGENTLY. [ TODAY PLEASE ]

Thank you
ML

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Several people reported the same non-delivery. My experiment took about 5 hrs to deliver.

Sometimes the mail server gets jammed by some idiot using their account as a spam platform. They are caught and their accounts terminated, but the damage has been done. Not sure if that was the cause this time.

To be blunt, the best idea is to get a Google Apps account for your domain. Follow their instructions to set up the MX records so your incoming mail is sent there (one advantage is more email accounts for your domain and * catchall account). Finally, use PHPmailer to send emails via SMTP through your Google Apps account. This will have the added benefit of circumventing the blocks some email providers (Hotmail and Yahoo) have placed on the x10hosting mail server.

mylifestyle

Reaction score
Hi

Thank you for your advice. I will take a look at that right now.
Very much appreciated.

BUT.....

Still need an answer direct from XTEN-HOSTING [ why is this happening????? ]

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

OMG - Just had a look at Google Apps and that looks to be quite scary and complicated.
I don't really want to be buggering around with server settings etc....

Is there another way like thru SMTP or will that not make any difference???

Thx
ML

Status
Not open for further replies.