PHP-errors, worked before. NOT deprecated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

verfone

Reaction score
Hello there,

I've just got my website back online yesterday but new problems have already showed up.

When i visit my page, url removed , i get three PHP errors:

Code:
Code removed.
URL removed

Research on the internet seems to point to an excess empty line in the configuration.php / configuration.php-dist files, which was indeed there and i removed, but to no avail.

looking at the syntax of the errors, the output seems to be generated by a process out of my control. These errors are also prohibiting me and my users from accessing the main part of the site and even the back-end of the CMS because of the sessionid / cookie. Could you please have a look at this?

CPanel username: removed

Help would be greatly appreciated,

Verf.

Last edited:

mattura

Reaction score
Looks like your source has a little space at the start of the file. To send any headers, you must not have any white space or other characters before the header in the file.
Also, check your files for a Byte Order Marker.

verfone

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply,

I cannot locate the whitespace you are talking about in my index.php / index2.php files? are these the files you were reffering to?

Also i am not sure about the markers, seeing as i have not editted anything after yesterday, when everything still worked, their values should still be the same...

- Verf.

dlukin

Reaction score
Looks like your source has a little space at the start of the file. To send any headers, you must not have any white space or other characters before the header in the file.
Also, check your files for a Byte Order Marker.

Take a look at the error message:

output started at /home/global.prepend.php:8

That is not a user file. That is a system file.

They did something to the server that is adding the newline or whatever to output before the user's PHP script starts. Which causes error messages in any script that adjusts headers (ie, uses cookies for sessions).

It is not the user's fault. It is x10's fault.

verfone

Reaction score
The website now seems to have gone offline in full...

Screenshot removed
downforeveryoneorjustme.com screenshot

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Code:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/global.prepend.php:8) in /home/paintdub/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 423

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/global.prepend.php:8) in /home/paintdub/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 423

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/global.prepend.php:8) in /home/paintdub/public_html/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 426

This error should be fixed now. http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...hp-errors-then-not-connecting.html#post716921 Please check again. If it does not work, clear your cache and try again.

verfone

Reaction score
I see, the PHP errors seem to be resolved now. But when opening the website i now only get text, no CSS / Images , a 404 error, or 'the' cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi.....

[EDIT]
Issue seems to be solved now, CPanel related?

Topic may be closed.
Thank you.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

I am currently unable to access my CPanel Back-end.

Last edited:

dlukin

Reaction score
cPanel login has also failed for me.
Site is up and MySQL is working.
FTP sort of works...it connects but cannot get directory listing.

All this worked yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.