PHP files just want to download

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
It seems my php files so a file called "test.php" just wants to download, it doesnt want to run.
This is unfortunately hampering my site buidling, I realise its almost certainly a mistake I made somewhere, but, until I can fix it, my site plans are a little stumped.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Hmm, I thought that was automatically going to be there.. I shall check. Its under the file handlers, so, it sounds OK.. but it is also there twice, and one is removable but on doing so it doesnt remove it, it just stays there..

and still isnt working

Last edited:

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
can you post a link to your php page... I'll check make sure it looks ok... it's either the script identifier stuff that tells apache its php and stuff or you'll have to wait for an admin... I don't have shell access so thats about all i can look at for you...

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah apparently somehow its suspended me for "high resource use" um, considering my account has 1 index file of "Website under design (4th Jan 2008)" in it.. and a php file of "<? echo "Test"; ?>"

Im really concerned as to how it would achieve that!

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
i script in PERL or Python so I'm not 100% sure on this but i think you need it ecapsulated in php tags
<?php
?>

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Shouldnt do, if that were the case however, it would just result in no output.. rather than downloading of the file.

And its just suspended my account *AGAIN* so whatever is causing this is causing a freak out somewhere. I guess I need to wait 30 minutes now, and then I'll delete the file.

But I really need to have some php stuff going on or I wont be able to make the use of the website I wanted.

Last edited:

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
sorry I can't help you more... if you switch to PERL or Python I'd be glad to help... well wouldn't switch to PERL its kina old school... it was like the first real scripting language .. i think C was the only thing used for cgi before it... but Python is great... code is short simple easy to read and straight to the point and probably the most powerful and extensible scripting language right now... Ruby may surpass it in the future though...

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
I can do perl if i wanted, but Im a happy PHP coder but somehow mysite is messed up, if I could find a way to delete it and reapply for the same name, I would.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
you have to request it in the proper forum and wait for an account manager then once deleted apply again...
although you may just be able to have them reset the account instead so its like a new account...

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
ah! :)

I shall go a hunting then

Hmm, all searches resolve that this *is* the right forum, so, I guess I just need to hope that an account admin person will read my post and take pitty on me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.