PHP Frameworks?

bdude

Reaction score
Does anyone here use PHP frameworks like CakePHP or CodeIgniter? I've been taking a look at CodeIgniter, it is quite well done. I think it's good to have so many tedious jobs already programmed in, as well as preprogrammed libraries for more complicated things.

lambada

Reaction score
I have no experience with such terchnologies - indeed, this is the first time i've heard of them. But from looking at their websites I believe that sduch frameworks are, while good for the rookie programmer, limiting as-soon as you need an feature more advanced that it isn't designed to handle.

jensen

Reaction score
Would that be like Ruby on Rails? a framework

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Masta111 said:
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: how do i install php?

You don't install PHP.. you code PHP-based pages.. unless you're using those programs listed above, of course

Personally I haven't tried any PHP frameworks.. you might want to ask Chris (when he gets back) or Bryon about that

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Well, to get back on topic..

I never have personally used them, but then again, I haven't really had the need to use one/any of them.

clareto

Reaction score
Well, sounds good. This year I've been learning ASP.NET, and it's really really quick to build a website. When coming back to PHP, I noticed that I spent more time writing trivial things. I think that a Framework is needed for PHP. A common framework would be great!

bdude

Reaction score
The two main ones are CakePHP and codeigniter, CodeIgniter is easier for the beginner programmer while CakePHP is more for the experienced programmer

Alecto

Reaction score
i dont know much about php, but i would like to learn, does anyone know any good tutorials?

Chris Z

Reaction score
well try going to w3schools.com and look for the tutorial on PHP, it's pretty good, but also just go to php.net and find the manual, that should provide you with some good information

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
clareto said:
Well, sounds good. This year I've been learning ASP.NET, and it's really really quick to build a website. When coming back to PHP, I noticed that I spent more time writing trivial things. I think that a Framework is needed for PHP. A common framework would be great!

What about the Zend Framework?
http://framework.zend.com/

There are many avaliable, like the person above me pointed out. (I think they did.. :p)

Last edited:

sasquatch

Reaction score
Hi all.
Is Zend Framework installed here at x10hosting.com? I think that would be a good idea. Then everyone can use its functionalities in their php scripts.

hezuo

Reaction score
What about symfony, I've heard it's a very robust PHP framework. By the way, has anyone tried to implement any application using any of these frameworks in x10hosting?