php generating html page names problem

meyercpa91

Reaction score
I puchased a script that would allow me to add pages to my server(or so i thought) what happens i add the info for a movie in and then it generates a name for the page.. example
movie ghost in the shell.. generates html name ghost+in+the+shell-478.htm... which will not load. any sugestions would be great :wink:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Should be using underscores '_' instead of plus/minus signs '+' or '-'.

Also, if you purchased the script, you should talk to the person you bought it from.

Last edited:

meyercpa91

Reaction score
I have tried to contact the makers but I unfortunately think I bought it from a now out of business company since all the emails they have are now responding no such email address.... or i got (partially) scammed on it.. am willing to allow someone to access the .php files on the site to see if they can decode where or how it generates the file names. I have since made a template that uses no '+' or "-" and only the underscore but i cannot seem to get the scripts to rewrite the data(cant even find it in the sql) so i cannot currently change where the links go to without a full redesign(I am hoping to not have to do that if I can).

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

ok have found out the company is technically dead.. but have found other sites running same stuff and they can still make pages with the plus and minus signs and still work.. could this be a limitation on x10?

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that !

Have you tested your scripts on local server (ie on your computer) ?
Does it work there ?

If it doesn't then you may make your scripts public if you want.

meyercpa91

Reaction score
I finally(just earlier today) figured out the problem.. sounds odd but in the .htaccess file I had an extra "//" on every line, similar to comenting them out.. I removed them and now all runs great! am glad to see that people actually use these forums lol. thank you everyone that placed input :)

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I finally(just earlier today) figured out the problem.. sounds odd but in the .htaccess file I had an extra "//" on every line, similar to comenting them out.. I removed them and now all runs great! am glad to see that people actually use these forums lol. thank you everyone that placed input :)

Glad to hear that !

Checking it on local server always helps as I said earlier.