PHP help "Failed to Open Stream...No Such File or Directory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palmer640

Reaction score
My buddy just made this lightweight CMS and upon installation I get this error:
Warning: fopen(includes/config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/<user name>/public_html/<domain>/install.php on line 95
can't open file
This is after I configure the database, and I'm 110% sure I configured it and added it properly.

It is one install.php file that imports the other necessary files/configuration I believe.
I'm not great with php but doesn't the above warning mean that either the directory is missing or that the directory/file doesn't have the appropriate settings for it to use properly.

I have used chmod to change permissions to this specific php file afterwards, same thing.
775 doesn't work, 777 creates a 403 forbidden error, default 644 didn't work.
5e1032dedbe16567aa8bb82874acbd3c.png

What else can I do? Or is it the php line that is messed up?
I could just ask the guy who put this together but he's asleep right now. ;)

Attachments

• 5e1032dedbe16567aa8bb82874acbd3c.png
    5e1032dedbe16567aa8bb82874acbd3c.png
    27 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Max file permissions here are 644; 755 for directories. But it's not the permissions on install.php that are causing the problem; the problem is with whatever install.php is trying to do on line 95 (or thereabouts, since that's where the error is being generated, but the actual cause of the error might be a variable that was set several lines earlier in the script). Without knowing what the script is trying to do, we can't offer any additional help, and most of us don't have access to your files to check for ourselves.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Warning: fopen(includes/config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

Where your install.php is located, there should be a directory named includes and in that directory there should be a file named config.php

Apparently, they are not where they are supposed to be.

Palmer640

Reaction score
Where your install.php is located, there should be a directory named includes and in that directory there should be a file named config.php

Apparently, they are not where they are supposed to be.

Apparently so. It is supposed to retrieve the mentioned file and folder with this install.php file... Which is why I thought that it had something to do with permissions.
Perhaps I have to create the folder for it and set heightened permissions so it is writable? I will try that.

Palmer640

Reaction score
So I just tried it again and it says "unexpected '<'" in the install.php on line 1.
I think you were right, essellar. It seems the cause of the error was on line 95 caused by something from earlier on, from what I am seeing.

I will just have to inform the guy who made it about this. :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.