PHP Help (I'm Offering!)

boblake

Reaction score
ya I thats what i meant index.php. I already tried that, but thanks for getting back to me though. I'm trying to get my buddy to help me cuz he's done it before, but hes been busy with work, but oh well, i'll figure it out sooner or later i guess lol.

quadria

Reaction score
Re: PHP form gen help

boblake said:
Now I just uploaded the phpform folder just as I unzipped it, to the "/ folder" on my website. I made sure the permissions were set to 777 for the folder and then attempted to access the program by typing in http://www.stann.x10hosting.com/phpform

You need to upload it in the /www or /public_html
and unzip it in that folder

Grtz
Quadria

Last edited:

boblake

Reaction score
Yup, I did that too, lol. I just tried that today actually and no luck so far. I also got a friend to upload a copy of phpform from his website (a version that we know works) to mine just in case some files got ruined during the upload and no luck with that either. I shall resort to CGI if all else fails, but I did want to at least get my feet wet with php using the form generator. Well, I'll just keep trying, and thanks for the replies so far.

boblake

Reaction score
hey all,
just thought i should let you know that I finally resolved my php form to email problem. php form generator was not working no matter what i tried, so i looked elswhere. I downloaded a script from noviceform and then just fiddled with it until I managed to have it in my webpage and have the page looking the way i wanted it. So long story short it works on very test i've run, so i'm happy. Thanks for the replies i appreciate it. And in order to perpetuate the knowledge, any other beginners such as nyself who wish to know how to get form to email working the way i did feel free to ask. I'm sure there are more advanced ways that i don't know about, but this worked well and did the job. anyway, the link is www.stann.x10hosting.com/contact.html if anyone wants to check it out.
thanks, cya

sambosch

Reaction score
I have probably accquainted myself with good PHP knowledge but sometimes i am not able to accomplish certain tasks in PHP as it is so vast.
So hope i will get some help frm u.

Ya 1 question
How do we create a code to throw a file at the user when he requests to download it by clicking the download button.
Example: http://www.kubixproject.net
Try to download some file n see for urself.

Things i tried
The form action= thing but thats cheap i think.
Then there is javascript popup or redirection to the file url.

LOL there might be a lil bit of code hidden that i didnt try/cross.
Is there any other way to do it.
Plz tell me. Waiting.

Last edited: