[php] highlight_file()

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadimp

Reaction score
I have a source viewing utility on my site (with 'security measures' in place) for my open source CMS. Could I have highlight_file() enabled?

If not, is it all right that I read the file and pass it to highlight_string()?

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
With all the work going on on the servers right now maybe you should wait for this to be enabled. Can you give us an overview of the program you are using and what it exactly does please. We will better be able to tell you then what we can do for you. :)

deadimp

Reaction score
It's for a small source viewing utility on the site, that allows users to view Thacmus and Thacsite (the website for Thacmus) page sources. I implemented this to back a few of the tutorials and show some of the pieces of Thacmus in work, and if a user just wanted to browse through the Thacmus source and not download it, they could peruse through it on there.
You can see the source of the source viewer here: http://deadimp.org/thacsite/?page=source&file=page/source.php&ajax=1 (putting it ajax mode has it output in plain text which doesn't use highlight_file(), so it works that way).

I've been looking at forum software, and I've briefly used SMF while testing a few out (I've installed it for my school's band website [as a discussion place for officers only], though it hasn't been used). I'm considering the main set, and maybe bbpress. Though, I'm sure I could get somewhere near the functionality of bbpress with a little work.

Status
Not open for further replies.