PHP in CPANEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldra7817

Reaction score
Until now I still can not work out, where the file php.ini that is stored on our cpanel, please understandable, because I'm still a beginner in using cpanel hosting

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

You cannot change php configuration settings on Free Hosting (or even premium). You would need a VPS in order to change php.ini settings.

If your application cannot run due to certain php settings not being available, try contacting the application developers or find a different application that does the same thing.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You cannot change the main php.ini and the "php.ini" that you create inside the folders won't be processed either.

aldra7817

Reaction score
Why is that so? whether it is set from the server provider? I know that if you use a VPS, but this is a bit expensive. Thank you for the information friends! Do not hesitate if there is any other information.
Please share with me

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
This is so because the owner of x10hosting and the system admins made it so to keep the servers secure.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
To expand on that, php.ini affects -every- user on the server, not just you. That's why it's a private file - messing with the contents in there could easily break a few thousand accounts in one shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.