php include

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterm

Reaction score
i wanted to put a password on my main page so ppl cant see what im doing untill im finish making the page but i get 3 lines of errors and i think its something has to do with my sites php version or something like that

Warning: include() [function.include]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/monsterm/public_html/main/home.php on line 2

Warning: include(http://monstermatt2.pcriot.com/scripts/password_protect.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/monsterm/public_html/main/home.php on line 2

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://monstermatt2.pcriot.com/scripts/password_protect.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/monsterm/public_html/main/home.php on line 2

and this is the script i put on my page

PHP:
<?php
include("http://monstermatt2.pcriot.com/scripts/password_protect.php"); 
?>

any way i can fix this

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
Not quite sure what exactly the problem is - I tried visiting the page of the script and it appears to be loading fine. Try making it local (such as using "scripts/password_protect.php" instead of the absolute URL with the HTTP.

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If URL fopen wrappers are disabled, you can't access URIs as files.

Including a remote page will execute the page remotely and include the result. If you want to import the source of password_protect.php, it won't work. If password_protect.php is actually on the same server, use a normal file path, not a URI. Read the PHP documentation for the include statement.

Better than writing your own script is to use Apache's built-in password protection. It's easy to set up using cPanel.

Hoobrum

Reaction score
do it locally instead of globally
Code:
<?php
include("scripts/password_protect.php"); 
?>

Last edited:

monsterm

Reaction score
Try making it local

thx for that and then i had to put it in the same folder as my webpage cus i still got a error but now its all fixed

thx

Edit:
new error

after i login into my password protected page i get this message

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/monsterm/public_html/main/scripts/password_protect.php:1) in /home/monsterm/public_html/main/scripts/password_protect.php on line 128

what dos this mean i dont get it

Last edited:

moinkhan

Reaction score
monsterm, my guess is you'll want to tweak your password protection script to work, but if you're open to other alternatives, try Apache's built-in password protection (via cPanel) as suggested by "mission". It worked for me.

zapzack

Reaction score
thx for that and then i had to put it in the same folder as my webpage cus i still got a error but now its all fixed

thx

Edit:
new error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/monsterm/public_html/main/scripts/password_protect.php:1) in /home/monsterm/public_html/main/scripts/password_protect.php on line 128

If you could paste the whole PHP file in code tags, I might be able to help you out.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

Did you try searching the forums or Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.