Php is not running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pe_es171

Reaction score
i have come to discover that php is not running on the hosting platform your site awarded me.hw do i go to enable it?pls,help is needed!

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site is working perfectly.Also there is no problem with php.

pe_es171

Reaction score
in the index.htm,there r some php codes within.bt they r not loading.(syntax like ds- <?php ?> and <? ?>

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

You need to troubleshoot your own scripts. php is definitely working, or we'd have a lot more complaints than just yours.

Thanks.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I see the problem actually.

in the index.htm

index.htm - this is not a php file. This is an htm file. PHP must have a .php file extension, such as index.php.

This is not actually an error, it's just got the wrong name.

Last edited:

pe_es171

Reaction score
inside d html file,there r php files within.bt d server is nt executing them.i'll try 2 do sm editing 2mrw.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think you followed what I said, so I'll try re-explaining it with an example direct from your code.

In index.htm, line 358:
Code:
<? include 'http://www.23cv.com/fbaddress.php' ?>

Here is the problem. index.htm is not being ran through the PHP processor, because the server thinks it's an htm file. The server doesn't pre-scan the file to see if it has php code in it. It goes SOLELY off of the file extension, which in this case is telling it "I'm not php, so I don't need to be ran through the php processor." As such, that line prints directly to the users browser instead of being executed as php.

Rename index.htm to index.php, and it will go through the PHP processor and start executing the php code in it. I actually did this for you for testing purposes, but it broke your webpage something awful because of your url-based include statements (see below), so I renamed it back. URL based file inclusion isn't necessary in this case anyways.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention as well, you'll run into a MAJOR problem with your code. "URL file access" is currently disabled, so any time you do "include http://www.23cv.com/ANYTHING", the code will fail when executed as php. You don't have to put the url however, just do "include fbaddress.php" for instance, or "include this/is/a/subfolder/filename.php".

pe_es171

Reaction score
thanks very much!I can now understand you.So,i would need to change the extension to .php

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, along with fixing some of the broken php code inside that file.

The good news is once the extension is changed to .php, it will start displaying the errors on-screen so you know what needs fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.