PHP Issues - Any Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbar

Reaction score
Probe ..... although does not modify anything, only aparecio thus, after these changes.

Thanks.!

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hey guys, I didn't forget about this. I've been busy with graduation and stuff. Going to look more into the memory_limit issue tonight.

Musoc: What directory is your storage folder? I can't seem to find it.

Edit: It looks like it was an issue with your script(s). (CMS', Drupal, whatever you guys are using.) They are setting their own memory_limit to the limit that they were hitting. I 'fixed' somewhat the ones that were posted.

Last edited:

eNoyx

Reaction score
Thanks for all your effort, Bryon, but...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/includes/PEAR.php on line 863

SMF still gives this error sometimes... (The bytes to allocate can be different, but not usually over 200) If you refresh the page, several times by the way, it finally works.

Site: http://www.deathnote-sp.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=115

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your effort, Bryon, but...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home/xxxx/public_html/xxxx/administrator/components/com_smf/includes/PEAR.php on line 863

SMF still gives this error sometimes... (The bytes to allocate can be different, but not usually over 200) If you refresh the page, several times by the way, it finally works.

Site: http://www.deathnote-sp.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=115

Try upgrading to 1.1.2 and see if it works any better. I don't think it'll fix it, but at the same time it might :)

SMF 1.1.2 on February 11, 2007, 08:35:45 AM
A patch has been released to address a number of outstanding bugs in SMF 1.1.1, including several around UTF-8 language support. In addition this patch offers improved image verification support and fixes a couple of low risk security related bugs. If you need any help upgrading please visit our forum.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I'll need to grep through your files and change any ini_set('memory_limit', 'blah'); lines, Enoyx. I'll do it in a few minutes when I get a chance.

Edit:

Code:
root@cossacks [/home/enoyx/public_html/deathnote]# grep -R ini_set\(\'\memory *
components/com_smf/smf.php:@ini_set('memory_limit', '16M');
That's what was causing the problems. It wasn't PHP itself, it was your script needing to use greater than 16 MB of memory and limiting itself to that only.

Last edited:

lionheart8

Reaction score
Hi Bryon

I was almost shocked to see my Drupal site for the first time since the 17th. I hope the memory issue has been fixed once for all!
May it never raise its ugly head again!

Thanks & keep it up.

Meanwhile, just discovered a small problem. The new Drupal has a module which if installed automatically checks if one has the newest versions of each module & if not shows which ones need updating.

This was working before, but when I tried to get to it, I get this:

Your system needs the zlib extension for this module to work. See http://us.php.net/manual/en/ref.zlib.php for more information.

Any help?

The good thing about this is we'll have a well proven PHP expert at the end of it all. ;)

Last edited:

Aria5

Reaction score
Has a dif error now for oekaki, and my main site still doesn't work. The included files, and the CSS include.
Site: http://caninecountry.exofire.net/
Oekaki Link: http://caninecountry.exofire.net/oekaki
Oekaki error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@caninecountry.exofire.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.4 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.3 with Suhosin-Patch Server at caninecountry.exofire.net Port 80

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Aria5: Did you change any file permissions or anything? How long have you been getting the 500 errors?

Lionheart: I'll add the Zlib extension in later. I just graduated this weekend, so I have a lot going on. I'll get to it when I get a few minutes tonight.

Last edited:

lionheart8

Reaction score
Hi Bryon

A Big Congratulations on your Graduation! :biggrin:

Just a small issue here. I get a whole page of error looking like this:

• warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /home/xprt007/public_html/drupal5/modules/votingapi/votingapi_actions.module in /home/xprt007/public_html/drupal5/modules/releasemonitor/releasemonitor.module on line 602.
  • warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /home/xprt007/public_html/drupal5/modules/audit/audit.module in /home/xprt007/public_html/drupal5/modules/releasemonitor/releasemonitor.module on line 602.
Something to do with " filemtime() [function.filemtime]"? .- Whatever that is... ?
I did not have it earlier when I reported the previous error.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Hi Bryon,

the forums seem to be working fine now, thanks a lot ^^ But (sorry for being so...) the PayPal module doesn't work yet, and, new one, the shoutbox has lost its ajax capabilities and css styling o.o

Paypal module error:
Code:
arse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/enoyx/public_html/deathnote/modules/mod_paypal_2.6.php on line 119

The shoutbox is in the frontpage, here on the right.
It should look like this one...

Thanks for your time, Bryon-sama ^^

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
eNoyx, PM me that mod_paypal_2.6.php file, I'll try to debug it.

eNoyx

Reaction score
Ok, I'll PM you the file now.

By the way...
it's back xD As long as I only read the posts, the forum works OK... But I've just posted a reply and...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 31457280 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 152872 bytes) in /home/enoyx/public_html/deathnote/components/com_smf/smf.class.php on line 344

Note that, the message itself gets posted correctly, the problem comes when you attempt to read THAT thread. If you browse through other threads, they are loaded flawlessly. You can finally read that thread after refreshing a few times.

takuhii

Reaction score
Bryon,
I am now getting a new fault, site was fine until I checked it today (13:00 - 25th June). http://takuhii.x10hosting.com/ now displays this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/takuhii/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp_stickpost/wp_stickpost.php on line 63

Any ideas... you did a wonderful job last time BTW...
Takuhii

Timhortons

Reaction score
Hey..

I still need help with the zlib problem in SMF. I left a message almost a week ago. My forum has kinda been suffering because I can't get modifications up like the Ad Mod, which I need to display the x10hosting Ads. So please don't suspend my account for having no ads because theres no way I can get the ads up without the Ad Mod for SMF.

I'm running into a problem where it reads:

Sorry, your PHP configuration doesn't have support for zlib. Without this, the package manager cannot function. Please contact your host about this for more information.

Please please please help fix this. I upgraded to SMF 1.1.3 last night and ran into tons of trouble because I was unable to do the quick way of updating because of the zlib problem.

http://hwe.x10hosting.com/forum

Thanks for your time!

Aria5

Reaction score
Did you change any file permissions or anything? How long have you been getting the 500 errors?
I changed them around after the first initial change, but this just started I believe. I've tried changing the oekaki files permission back to the original, but it doesn't change. And I don't know what to think about the main site, thats very simple coding. :mad:

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Is there any estimated time until we get zlib back in?

I don't mean to rush things, and I thank all of you at x10 for all of your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.