Php loading problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

muscovy

Reaction score
About every 5 or so times I try and view an index.php file, the page hangs for a few seconds, then asks if a want to download or open index.php (0 bytes). This is annoying at best and completely stopped my install of phpbb. How can I solve this?

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What's the URI for the page? What browser are you using (including version)? How are you installing phpBB, via Softaculous or by hand? Be more descriptive.

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
About every 5 or so times I try and view an index.php file, the page hangs for a few seconds, then asks if a want to download or open index.php (0 bytes). This is annoying at best and completely stopped my install of phpbb. How can I solve this?

Hi muscovy,

When your browser prompts you to download the PHP file, it means that there is a problem with Apache. These issues are usually fixed promptly and should not last very long. Please try visiting your index.php page again.

Also, I visited your website and clicked on "Communities," and it seems like you were able to successfully install your phpBB forum. Is the problem you are experiencing happening elsewhere?

- Adam

muscovy

Reaction score
I did a manual install of phpbb. It's technically installed, but it got stopped before completion, so there's not head admin and soforth. Normally, I can just refresh the page, but with the installer for phpbb, the next button was one click only, so it would need a reinstall.

I'm afraid it's still happening. In case it's at all clientside, I'm using Firefox, newest version, Linux.

PS - This is happening for all php files, not just the forum.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
As of Jan 5, 18:55 PST/Jan 6, 2:55 UTC, I can't reproduce the behavior in FF 3.5 on OS X 10.4.11 when visiting http://alexandoslinux.co.cc/forum/index.php. I've refreshed the page roughly 20 times. Hopefully, it was a transient problem with the server. Are you still experiencing the behavior?

muscovy

Reaction score
I'm fine now, whatever it was, problem gone.
Thanks everyone!

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I'm fine now, whatever it was, problem gone.
Thanks everyone!

Hi muscovy,

Now that your problem has been solved, I am going to close this thread to mark it as resolved. Feel free to create a new support request if you need more help or have any additional questions.

- Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.