Php mail) finction disbabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpatel

Reaction score
I have signed up X10 hosting just because it has SMTP and mail fetures in free account, but it didn't .
What do i do to solve the issue with my email sending in PHP ?

I can't send email with Mail() function. I might be able to send email from SMTP , i haven't checked so far.

Any idea to check whether SMTP email works with my account before I upload my site to this hosting account.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
1. Hotmail bounces emails from the x10 mail server due to past abuse. Not sure of others (Yahoo). Many others put it into the Spam folder.

2. Content header must be type: text/plain NOT text/html . The mail server will just eat text/html quietly.

sjpatel

Reaction score
Re: Php mail() function disabled.

I am able to send mail using SMTP with Phpmailer script and gmail email account details.
But the mail() doesn't work. I am trying to install phplist on the website . It says the email message send successful , but the message is not delivered to the receipt email address.

I will have to use SMTP for that and I need to change phplist files to make that work . I don't like that to in case i need to upgrad or change my site in future .

sjpatel

Reaction score
Send Mail/ s through server free account.

I am facing an unknown problem while setting up PHPlist on my free webhosting account. I think someone might help me here.
Because I couldn't send email using simple mail() function, I am trying to find workaround to setup mail function on my website. I tried to use SMTP with gmail with simple script which works, but when i use that same script in modified PHPlist files it doesn't work.

My problem is ,i get this error message while sending email from PHPlist.
" Mailer Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host. "

I have read on PHPlist forum post that It needs a port 465 open for fsockopen(). I am confused as that simple PHP scripts works with this free account. Any suggestion to solve my problem is welcome.
thank you in advance.

sjpatel

Reaction score
Re: Send Mail/ s through server free account.

I installed PHPlist from control patel fantascio install , but got the error message on the landing page.
My phplist page is http://spatel.x10.mx/phplists/admin

__________________________ Error Page ------------------>

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, no-reply@x10hosting.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.